Boy Named Energy

There once was a boy named Energy his parents were physicists and were probably high on something while naming him but they decided to name him Energy. When he was a young child, they noticed something a bit peculiar about him, he refused to climb on-top of something that was above the ground. When they tried to pick him up off the ground he threw a fit and wouldn't stop crying until they put him back down. They decided that he would just have to crawl everywhere. When he was older and learned to talk, he started expressing his fear of getting off the ground. When he first went to school, the Physical Education teacher tried to get him to run but he refused. He said that to run he would have to have both of his feet off the ground and would rather have steak attached to him and have hound released on him than to have both his feet off the ground. His teacher said he could walk the mile but he would be graded based on how fast people his fellow students ran. When he started the mile, he was able to keep up with his fellow classmates. The PE teacher thought that he was going as fast as he could and that he would run out of energy. When they came around for the final lap, he noticed that Energy was able to keep up with everybody else. Thus began a long career of fast walking. By the time he was in high school, he was able to walk a 6 minute mile. He always wanted to break the 5:30 second walking mile. He trained and he trained all while never allowing both his feet to leave the ground. By this point, his parents were getting very angry because they couldn't drive anywhere with him because he always wanted his feet on the ground. They were also worried about what would happen to his back because he had only been sleeping on the ground so he could stay in contact with the ground. They decided to get a therapist to help him. After going to therapy to help him get over his fear, he was finally ready to try and go off the ground. The therapist had him sit on his table with his feet on the ground. Then she told him to lift his feet off the ground. This was the first time since he was a baby that he had been able to take his feet off the ground. He was ecstatic and climbed onto the table and stood on it.

His therapist then told him "You have a lot of potential, Energy."