A Business Man Decides To Open A Bar In A Small Town In Texas

It was quiet little town where lot of people were god fearing and church going folks.

His bar began construction on a new building on the same street as one of the town churches (one of twelve) to increase their business. The local Baptist church among other god fearing folks of course were shocked and took this as a blasphemy and condemned the bar owner for his sins. They started a campaign to block the bar from opening with petitions and prayers that such disgrace and sin in the eyes of the Lord must be punished. Prayers were had to stop the unholy businessman and his mockery of God. Work progressed right up till the week before opening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.

The whole town church folks were rather smug in their outlook after that and satisfied, until the bar owner decided to sue the church on the grounds that the church was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building.

In court the church people vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise. They declared in front of the judge that they did not have anything to do with it and they are not liable in any way for this.

The judge looked over the paperwork and said at the hearing, "Okay, I don't know right now how I'm going to decide this, but it appears to me, that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not.'