Chapter 20

They were still walking in the cold. The darkness embracing the two, only a few streetlights and the shining stars making the way in front of them visible.

„It's freezing", Youngjae muttered as he hugged his arms around himself but it didn't help to save him from the cold wind. Jaebum looked at the younger and saw that he was shivering. Youngjae looked like a small child, which was somehow amusing to JB.

„I would do this thing true gentleman do and give you my jacket"

Youngjae looked at JB with hopeful eyes.

„But then I'd be cold so no", the older flashed him a sarcastic smirk which caused Youngjae to roll his eyes, slightly chuckling though.

„You're horrible"

Jaebum put his hand on his heart in fake hurt. „Is that a way to talk to your boss?"

For a minute Youngjae had really forgotten that Jaebum was his boss, teasing him about the cute topic had felt so natural before. Nearly like the way Mark and Jinyoung teased him from time to time.

„Sorry", Youngjae whispered, a bit of sadness in his voice.

JB chuckled and bumped his shoulder against the younger's. „Don't apologize. I was only joking"

Youngjae smiled a little at that and JB continued to talk.

„Anyways, thanks to that poor excuse of a man I didn't get to eat anything", Jaebum cried out frustrated. Anger rising up again at the mere thought of Mr. Lee. „Are you hungry?", he asked slightly calmer now since he didn't want to scare Youngjae again.

„I'm alright"

No he wasn't, simply talking about food made his mouth water but he didn't want to admit it in front of JB for reasons he wasn't so sure of himself.

Sadly his stomach chose this moment to rumble loudly.

Jaebum chuckled as he heard it and Youngjae tried to hide his face behind his hands in embarrassment. He was sure his cheeks were flushed red.

The younger felt something grab the sleeve of his jacket and then a light pull. Confused he removed his hands to see Jaebum looking at him expectantly.

„Huh?"

Now it was the older's turn to roll his eyes.

"There's that diner at the end of the street, it's quite comfy," He pulled the younger again a bit who staggered a few steps forward.

"I'll treat you dinner as an apology that you had to see this horrible man again"

Youngjae smiled shyly, nodding along as he followed Jaebum. Eating dinner sounded great although he was nervous since it would be just the two of them. He was afraid it would get awkward because he didn't know how to act around the older outside of work.

To be honest, it was different working for, or more like with him now. Youngjae wasn't nervous anymore, actually he somehow looked forward to it. The other had changed a lot.

And Youngjae liked it.

Besides there had also been the encounter from before.

Youngjae had to admit the way JB stood up for him was something he admired.

Something Youngjae wished he could do.

Something he wished he would have done.

No, he scolded himself, he wouldn't think of the past now. Like Mark had told him so many times: what's done is done and he should move on.