Chapter 8

Youngjae didn't want to go to work today but he knew he had to. Together with other sleep deprived people he took the bus and stepped out at his halt. It felt like school all over again.

He made sure to avoid Jackson and Yugyeom since he didn't have the nerves to get insulted at this ungodly hour.

He nearly fell asleep in the lift again but the 'ping' when the doors opened again woke him up.

He entered Jaebum's office without knocking and prepared himself for getting scolded because of it but the sight in front of him wasn't what he expected.

Jaebum had his head on his desk, slightly snoring with his mouth a little open.

Although Youngjae didn't want to admit it he looked beautiful when he slept. So calm and not angry at all like he usually did when he saw Youngjae.

His hair was falling down his forehead and again Youngjae thought he had seen Jaebum somewhere before.

He took off his own coat and laid it over Jaebum's shoulders so he wouldn't get cold. Although he was a dick to him, Youngjae couldn't help but care about his health.

Quietly he left the room and went to his own desk where he began to work, his mind didn't want to cooperate though.

He kept thinking about Jaebum. Did he even leave the office last night? Wasn't the art gallery Jackson's project? Why did he seem so familiar?

Focus Youngjae, he reminded himself.

After an hour a loud scream startled Youngjae.

Jaebum came running out of his room, completely disheveled but with his hair now brushed back. Youngjae had to chuckle at the sight but immediately regretted it as Jaebum's eyes landed on him.

"Why didn't you wake me!", He nothing but yelled.

"You looked so peaceful and I didn't have the heart to wake you up", Youngjae tried to keep his voice down but the other frustrated him with his childlike behavior.

"Well thanks to you I'll be late for the art gallery!"

"Excuse you?", now it was Youngjae's turn to lose his temper.

"I'm not the one that fell asleep on his desk, am I?", he yelled back.

Jaebum ran his hands over his face before he looked at Youngjae with so much intensity that the other gulped afraid.

Did he cross a line? Of course he did, he shouldn't have talked to his boss like that. He was just an emplo-

"You," Jaebum interrupted his thoughts, "take off your shirt"

"What?"

"I can't wear the same shirt like I did yesterday!"

"Ask Jackson then", Youngjae wasn't comfortable with the situation he was in. Jaebum noticed that but didn't mention it.

"We don't have the same size and yours looks like it will fit", JB explained.

"Fine", Youngjae snarled after he thought about it a bit more and began to button his shirt down.

"Can you turn around? And give me your damn shirt in return", Youngjae asked through gritted teeth as Jaebum's eyes wouldn't leave his now revealed stomach.

The other looked like he just got ripped out of a trance and complied.

He turned his back towards Youngjae and stripped out of his own wrinkled shirt.

The exchange proved to be quite awkward as both refused to look the other. Youngjae tried to hide it but his cheeks gained a pink color too as he tried to avoid staring at Jaebum's abs. Who would have thought he was so well built?

As soon as they grabbed the other's shirt they didn't miss a beat to put it on. Both facing different directions they buttoned it up and as Youngjae turned around, Jaebum was already gone.

His boss didn't even thank him. Youngjae scoffed annoyed but what did he expect?

He went back to his work.

Jaebum couldn't stop blushing and cursing as he thought about Youngjae's incredibly fit body. That was why he left as soon as possible, he was afraid the other would catch him starring again but now that he was thinking about it it was a real dick move to do. He promised himself he would apologize and thank Youngjae later.

He drove to the art gallery and used the car ride to calm down and not to think about how he was wearing Youngjae's shirt that was a bit too tight for Jaebum.

This was going to be difficult.

Youngjae wasn't much better. The shirt was a little too big on him and he had to push it up every now and then so his collarbones wouldn't be visible.

He didn't know what he ever did to deserve this but later that day Jackson decided to visit him. The blond was extremely confused as he saw the shirt.

"Isn't that Jaebum's?", he asked and leaned a little bit too close for Youngjae's liking to smell the shirt.

"Could you maybe not sniff me?"

"It even smells like him", the blond squinted his eyes and Youdngjae thought now was a good moment to explain everything.

"Damn it, I knew I should have done it myself", Jackson whispered as soon as Youngjae recalled the events from earlier and slumped down on the ground.

Youngjae didn't know what he should do. On the one hand he wanted to comfort Jackson even though he didn't know what the big deal was, on the other hand it was Jackson, who obviously didn't like him.

He chose the first option and sat down next to the other male, reluctantly putting a comforting hand on his knee.

„Why?"

"He keeps overworking himself for us", Jackson whispered. It was weird talking to Youngjae like that but he needed to tell someone about it.

"Ever since we were younger Jaebum cares more about us than himself and Yugyeom and I feel so guilty because all we do is give him more work. We try to help, really, but at the end he's the one who fixes our mistakes and believe me, there are a lot."

He kept talking and instead of saying anything Youngjae just listend to Jackson ramble and patted his back whenever he thought it was appropriate.

After ten minutes Jackson seemed to realize what was going on, or more like who he talked to and jumped up to his feet. He all of a sudden looked extremely angry.

"This never happened, don't tell anyone we talked", he hissed threateningly, Youngjae backed away in fear and nodded.

The other left the office without another word, leaving Youngjae on the ground.