Chapter 7

Nothing changed for the next few days. It was Monday now, Youngjae's second week of work.

"Youngjae!", his boss yelled.

With a groan he stood up from his chair and entered JB's office.

"How can I help you?"

"You didn't fill these papers out correctly", Jaebum said and held the ones Youngjae had to do last week with the help of his instructions in the air before he threw them on the floor with a loud thud, causing a huge mess.

Youngjae watched dumbfounded.

"I did it the way you told me", he said irritated. Jaebum behaved like a small child in his opinion. Which grown up would be so immature as to throw papers on the floor?

"Oh, so you're saying it's my fault?"

"That's not-"

"Whatever, do it again and correctly this time. Then you can clean this mess up", Jaebum demanded and shrugged his suit jacket on.

"I have a meeting now, it's better done when I come back."

Youngjae let out a frustrated scream as soon as he was sure Jaebum couldn't hear him.

Why did he hire him when all Jaebum did was make Youngjae's day awful? It wasn't that Jaebum was rude towards his other employees, in fact he acted like the nicest person in the world around the others. It was just him.

And JB wasn't the only one. Jackson and Yugyeom seemed to hate him too for reasons he couldn't figure out. One time Jackson tripped Youngjae which resulted in him bruising his ankle so that he limped for the rest of the day. That bastard didn't even apologize.

With a loud sigh Youngjae began.

Meanwhile Jaebum waited for his client inside a small restaurant that they had chosen to discuss their further steps. It had a cozy atmosphere and Jaebum found himself relaxing immediately.

He didn't have to wait long till a tall woman stepped inside. He waved a little so she would see him. The woman, Ms. Yoon, smiled brightly at him, the pink lipstick visible on her teeth while she did so.

He stood up and helped her sit down after he took off her coat and hung it over the chair.

"Again a gentleman", she said fondly.

"Of course I am", he joked.

After that it got serious. They went over the statistics and Jaebum was thrilled that her jewelry line got more popular since he started to promote it.

"I seriously have to thank you Jaebum", she said at the end, "without you I wouldn't be as successful as I am now"

He shrugged the compliment off because it wasn't true.

"I had help from my best friends so you should thank them too", he told her.

"That actually is a really good idea", she said, "I'll visit you guys this week then"

"I'm looking forward to it."

For some it might have looked like flirting but the truth was that Ms. Yoon had been Jaebum's client since he got the position as CEO. Together with his two best friends and other employees they helped her a lot. So it was only logical that they got along well.

Also in his opinion being nice to someone didn't automatically mean you felt attracted towards that person, just that you had manners.

Besides he was still gay, she never had a chance.

They said their goodbyes and Jaebum drove back to his office. He stopped Jackson's door and entered it without knocking.

"Damn it Jaebum, you scared me!", the blond screeched as Jaebum tapped his shoulder.

Jaebum ruffled the other's hair, apologizing.

"Can't you go annoy Yugyeom or something?", he asked. It's not like he didn't want Jaebum here, it was just that he was extremely busy and didn't need a distraction.

"Is it the art gallery?", Jaebum wanted to know.

"Yeah"

"I can do it if you want, you worked really hard the last few days"

"You would actually do that? But it's tomorrow", Jackson said skeptically but JB could see the hope in his eyes.

"Sure"

Jaebum's friend jumped up and engulfed him in a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!", he repeat over and over again.

And that's how Jaebum found himself surrounded by piles of papers, pictures and folders around his own office desk.

He didn't see Youngjae as he got there but the mess was cleaned so he had no reason to complain.

Jaebum was so occupied with the art gallery exhibition that he didn't notice how late it was till his secretary knocked on his door.

"Do you need help or can I go home?", he asked.

"It's alright, go home", somehow he really appreciated it that Youngjae asked if he needed help but would never say that out loud.

He didn't have to tell that Youngjae twice. The other rushed out and headed back home as fast as he could.

While Jaebum stayed at the office.