41 A Rock Star at School (Present)

Start from the beginning

"Wait ... you called Shimada-san?" The cat girl blinked in surprise.

"Yes. He should come with me to Hikari to cheer her up a bit."

"Do you think that's a good idea?" the smaller girl doubted.

"I've promised her so long that she can get to know him properly."

"She has a crush on him. You saw the pictures."

"What should I do?! I know it's awkward, but I've let her down too long."

Soothing, Nisha raised her hands. "Okay. Just be careful."

The two high-school students approached the group. Yuna noticed that Mizuki was standing apart with three friends and was watching the scene indignantly. It seemed to annoy her that her band mate was receiving so much attention while no one bothered to notice her.

A dozen schoolgirls crowded around the singer and besieged him with their wishes.

"Shimada-san. Can I have an autograph too? For Shinobu." - "Can I take a picture with you?" - "I love you!" - "Are new songs being planned?" - "When is the next concert?"

"Easy, girls. One after the other." Grinning, Wataru posed for pictures with his fans and scribbled signatures in notebooks and on books. He spotted his girlfriend and gave her a short nod.

Slightly annoyed Yuna crossed her arms in front of her chest and tilted her head. So far, she hadn't realized how popular Wakamino and Wataru were with the teenagers. She had also noticed Rin Masatada, who longed for the attention of the singer.

Nisha cleared her throat. "It's getting hard to keep your relationship a secret."

"What? Nobody pays any attention to me. I'm just another girl adoring the rock star," the blue-haired girl refused.

"I understand why you don't tell Wada-san, but ... if she doesn't hear it from you, her reaction will be even worse."

Snorting, Yuna let her shoulders hang. "I can't tell her right now. If she does something to herself, I'll have to chew on that all my life."

"Maybe he should tell her. Maybe she'll take it better then," the class representative speculated.

"Maybe. We'll see." For a moment they watched the show, then the taller girl said, "Tell him I'm waiting for him at the Family Mart and he's supposed to meet me there."

"Am I your secretary or what?" Nisha joked.

"Thank you very much. See you tomorrow." The blue-haired girl smiled at her once more, then pulled away and left the campus.

Sighing, Nisha turned to the girls and listened to the chatter. She watched the singer, who seemed to be completely absorbed in his role. She had seen some videos of Wakamino by now and had to admit that she liked the music. Although there was not much of their own material, but they had to start with something.

With more diligence and a bit of luck, they could actually become a real band that would go on tour and so on.

Finally he noticed her and then looked for Yuna. "Hey, Narusegawa-san," he greeted the high-school student.

"Hello, Shimada-san." She looked around for a moment before explaining, "She's at the Family Mart around the corner."