Chapter 23 - With Him

A/N: Apologies on the late upload to this one. My wattpad app started crashing and I just reinstalled it. This chapter was meant to be posted on the 30th so as to celebrate the changing of year, but meh. At least, I got this off. Anyway, enjoy, loves~

Oh and we are down two more chapters left. Just to let you know. Haha.

Ciao~

- saphire

----
Dustin's POV

I feel like a creep right now as I watched Ash pack his clothes on my massive king sized bed for a while now. It's his last day today and he'll return to his apartment tomorrow. It has been a week since Ash stayed here and it's now 11:15 in the evening of the 31st.

The week long stay Ash did here in my house was both torture and pleasurable. I mean, who wouldn't feel tortured if you're being constantly teased at by your family? Yeah, family, 'cause my parents invited my relatives for tonight's countdown party. Also, pleasurable since we've been sleeping on the same bed for that whole week.

"You really are a creep."

I heard him say without looking at me. I just shrugged my shoulders, not really minding the word and leaned away from the door frame of my room.

"Says the guy who said yes to his bully." I teased, nearing him on the bed. Ash gave me a droll stare when he glanced at me before rolling his eyes and went back to what he was doing. "Do you want me to take my decision back? Seems like you dislike it." He said that made me smirk.

"I was just teasin' ya. Don't need to take it back. Besides, you won't do it." I said, confidence in my voice as I sat down on the edge of my bed, just a couple inches away for our bodies to touch.

"Try me, Reggins. You know that I can and I will do it in a heartbeat." He challenged that made me grin. Damn, he really is the only one gutsy enough to challenge me. And maybe that's what drawn me to him. And the dream, of course.

I leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips before standing up and held my hand out to him. Ash looked at the outstretched limb and then at me before taking it. I grinned as I pulled him up and towards me, making him yelp in surprise. I laughed at the reaction he made and hugged him tightly against me, inhaling the scent of his hair.

"I am the luckiest guy in the world." I whispered against his hair, feeling him shuffle against me so I pulled slightly away and craned my head down for us to have eye contact.

"You're so weird, Reggins. Of all the people to choose from in our school, why did you chose me? And let's ditch the fact that we basically scammed the whole student body by us pretending to be together. I mean, when you think about it, what did we gain from all that lying?"

Good question. What did we gain from that time? In all frankness, I didn't gain anything. I even lost a few friends and followers from when I told the whole school that Ash and I are together. But on the bright side, Ash and I became official. Huh, maybe I did gain from it.

"The fact that we are together right now is what I gained from that time. What about you? What did you gain?" I asked as I glided the back of my palm against his soft cheek. I wanted to know what goes on in that cute little head of his.

You can't really tell what this guy is thinking just by looking at him. He's unpredictable. One moment you get a glimpse of what he's thinking, the next he goes and does the exact opposite of what you thought he was thinking. That's how he usually is.

"Nothing," was his monotonous reply while looking up at me with emotionless stare. His reply had me taken aback that I unconsciously dropped my hold on him and took a step back. And when I finally found my voice to ask what he meant, he goes and laughed at my face like he just heard the best joke of the year.