Chapter 9 - Change of Feelings

A/N: Here's the said consolation chapter! Haha. I hope it'll suffice. Enjoy reading, everyone!

- saphire

----

Dustin's POV

I watched as the gears on Ashley's head processed what I said. It was true that I didn't want to risk whatever crazy plan his friends had come up with. Just looking at the faces of those girls - and how disturbed Ashley was when we were in my car as he talked about his friends - told me not to mess with them.

And I'm the king!

I shouldn't be intimidated by two girls. They should be the one to fear me, not the other way around. But I didn't know them. I don't know their background or whatever, so I'm at a disadvantage right now. I could always just get away with things that involved me, whether it's with girls or the law, but I'm not sure why I even stick around Ashley when I could just abandon him and say we split.

But I can't. After what happened yesterday; the way our lips molded together like it fit each other, the way he grabbed my hair as we kiss, and the way he moaned as my hands roam his sides. Damn it. That was my first time kissing a guy and to be honest, it doesn't disgust me as it should be.

I mean, I'm not a fucking fag. The kiss should have bothered me, but it didn't. And that was what bothers me the most. But when I think back, the fact that it was I, who took Ashley's first kiss makes me ecstatic! I internally smirked at the thought.

"You're right," Ashley agreed with a sigh. He, then, glared at me, making me arch a brow in question. "But you didn't have to say it to Levi!" He said calmly but with a hint of irritation. I wonder why, but when he defended another guy in front of me, I snapped.

"What? I didn't do anything wrong. Besides, I just introduced myself. What harm did it cause?" I questioned, because I was starting to get irritated by the way he scolded me about what I said. It was justified if you look at it closely. People knew we were in a relationship so it's bad that he flirts with other guys.

Ashley didn't say anything, he just glared at me before stomping away. What the hell was his problem?! I really don't get people like him. I sighed, my initial annoyance faded as I walked faster to catch up with Ashley. We were now walking side by side and I kept on glancing at him every now and then, but he just ignored me.

No one would have the guts to ignore me unless they wanted to be beaten half to death, but this guy's pretty gutsy as he ignored me the rest of our walk towards the cafeteria. Once we entered, all eyes of the students were on us, but it didn't seem to faze Ashley anymore as he made his way towards his usual table.

I watched him walk when I noticed that a guy discreetly outstretched his leg with the intention of tripping Ashley. I hurriedly went to him and was about to warn him about the leg, but I was caught off guard by what happened next.

Ashley stepped on the guy's foot quite hard, putting enough force to make the guy yelp in pain. Ashley released the guy's foot and faced him. "I am in a really, really bad mood right now, so try and mess with me again, and I'll make sure your leg won't function for a very long time." Ashley said in that calm demeanor of his, though his words were pretty dark and threatening.

"F-fuck you, you sick fag!" The guy seethed in between pants and groans of pain. "Don't get your hopes up, sweetheart. I don't do aliens with a broken leg. Better luck on your next life, I might be willing." Ashley said with a smile before walking away from the guy who was glaring at Ashley's back.

Everyone inside the cafeteria was silent at the exchange. It was a bit amusing that a guy like Ashley, who was actually the shortest among the seniors, could be so frightening when in a bad mood. But it didn't faze me. In fact, it was the opposite. I honestly think he's hot when he's angry.