Season II

In a separate night in two different places, two people dreamt the same dream...

~
He was there, sitting in a fancy chair, looking up at him with so much love and affection that made him feel like he was soaring in the sky so blue just like the weather today.

He held out his hand for the person sitting and the latter took it with a smile so bright as it matches his own. He pulled him up with little force so as to not make them stumble. They both locked eyes with each other, drowning themselves in the eyes of one another, not really caring about their surroundings.

Suddenly, he went down on one knee, looking up at the love of his life and saw his wide eyes shined with unshed tears. He was really surprised at the moment. He didn't knew what his significant other had planned as he stared into his eyes. And then his tears finally broke when he watched as he took out a small red velvet box from inside his breast pocket and opened it to reveal the ring that had the same design as the one he has.

He grabbed his hand gently, kissing the knuckles one by one, earning him a chuckle that's music in his ear. And then he stared up at him with pure, unadulterated love that he has been feeling for the past ten years of their lives. Not once in those times did he ever think of finding another, even when they flock at them or his friends would hook him up, he still remained faithful to his lover; just as his lover also remained faithful to him.

"Ashley Jake, will you make me the happiest man alive and be by my side for the rest of our lives?"
~

...but they have different but similar endings.

~
Ashley:

I was so happy that he proposed.

As I watched him kneeling in one foot, holding out the ring that would make me engaged to him, my heart fluttered in pure happiness and love. But it was short lived when gunshots were heard near where we were. I saw the panic in his green-blue orbs as he slowly rose to his feet. He wasn't panicking for himself, but for me as he grabbed my hand in his.

But suddenly, his hand loosened their grasp and I watched in horror as blood poured from a wound right in the area where his heart should be.
~

~
Yuan:

I looked at the unshed tears in his eyes as he stared down at me with love. I can't describe how happy I am to be able to go on my knees like this and ask the most wonderful thing that has happened to me to make me even more happy by marrying me.

He may be a male and I am as well, but it will not hinder me from being with him. He is my happiness and he will always be. He kept me going the first time I saw him in my dream and then when I get the chance to know him even better, I fell for him even more. I thought it wouldn't last. I thought it was only infatuation I was feeling for him, but ten years is a long time for it to be only considered as infatuation.

And so, here I am on my knees with a ring on my hand, waiting for him to say yes.

But it didn't happen as gunshots were heard throughout where we were, making me look to where it last sounded. But that was a big mistake when my eyes went back to him and they widened in horror as blood ran down from his mouth, his eyes matching mine as they looked at the blood that stained his clothes and then to me before slumping on his knees.
~

Both sat up on their beds, their chests rising and falling as sweat ran down their foreheads, thinking back to the dream they just had.

Was it just a normal nightmare or was it some kind of foreboding? They both didn't know yet, but they didn't shrug it off. If anything, they took caution in it and became much more careful yet paranoid. It was their fifth year being apart but communication was nonexistent in them since the first year of their separation.

So how will they continue when they don't know anything about each other?