Chapter 12 - Dinner Date

A/N: Whoops! Lookie, another chapter! Haha. I'm on a roll right now, so I'm drafting Loved by a boy. Hooray! Anyways, enjoy this story, guys. Also, I've already warned y'all that this and the succeeding chapters will be a bit crazy, so expect nonsense in them.

That's all, people. Enjoy reading!

- saphire

----

Dustin's POV

After driving Ashley home - and giving him another peck on the lips, to which he gasped cutely - I hurriedly went home, parked the car properly when I entered the gates and made my way inside the house and onto my room. I plopped on the soft mattress of my bed and thought about everything that had happened as I stared at the ceiling.

Ashley's smile came to mind and I smiled at that. He really is cute and it honestly suits him most. Damn, I never felt like this with my past girlfriends. I was never known for giving efforts in a relationship. In fact, all of my relationships are basically physical and I'm not one for commitments.

But Ashley is different. Not because he is a guy, but because he is the only one gutsy enough to actually challenge me. And I like challenges. It gives me thrill to know that what I'm pursuing is giving me a difficult time, not really, but you get my point.

I took my phone and looked through my contacts and frowned when I couldn't find Ashley's name on my list. And then, the sudden realization hit me hard in the face. Literally, because my phone dropped on my face and I yelped in pain.

What the fuck?! In the past month of us pretending to be together and I still didn't have his number, when I already drive him to and from school?! Just what kind of pathetic excuse am I doing? "Fuck!" I yelled, grabbing my phone and threw it on the wall where it then dropped on a heap of used clothes.

"Honey? Are you okay?" I heard a sweet voice call out in concern just outside my door and the frustration I felt, disappeared. My mom opened the door of my room and peaked her head in before going inside and closed the door behind her.

I just watched her as she made her way towards my bed and sat down on the edge of it, facing me. "What's bothering my baby?" Mom cooed, placing her hand on my forehead. "You don't have a fever and you don't look sick, so what's wrong?" I frowned at my mom for treating me like I'm still a child.

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. Plus, there's Dominic. Go and bother him." I said, making my mother glare at me. Dominic is my brother that was eight years younger than me, making him ten, but he acts mature for his age. "Nonsense. No matter how old you are, you will always be my baby. Both you and Dominic." My mom said, giving me a sweet smile and I just nodded.

I'm not even sure why I'm such an asshole when my mother is such a sweet and kind person. I probably got it from my dad, because he was just like me when he was my age. My mom had told us how she and my dad met and apparently, mom hated my dad that time, because dad had played with my mom's best friend. And knowing mom, she sought revenge in behalf of her friend she loved dearly.

To make the long story short, my mom had tried and failed to avenge her friend and my dad hadn't even notice until my mom gave up trying and just ignored dad until they graduated high school. And then, after how many years, mom and dad met again because my mom was my dad's secretary and they fell in love and the rest is history.

"What time is it now, mom?" I asked after a few moment of silence. Ashley said that I should be there at his house by 7. My mom hummed and then looked at the clock that was on my nightstand before looking back at me while I just continued staring at the ceiling.