Chapter 21 - Birthday Gift

A/N: Heyya fellas~ Enjoy chapter 21. ^^

Adieu

- saphire

----
Dustin's POV

If I were my old self right now, I'd never be thinking about this whole present shit to give on someone's birthday. I've never even given Daniel Carter a gift since childhood and we were best buds then, nor Mark, who were my best bud now.

I don't know why, but giving a gift to someone always seemed like a weakness to me. I mean, my parents gave me presents when I was young and all and I loved them, but me giving one to someone else is quite unnatural.

I don't even understand myself, okay?

"So, what are you getting for Ashley's birthday?"

Ah, the question I damned to hear. I shrugged my shoulder as response to Mark. But on the inside, I was freaking out! I mean, Ashley's birthday is in three weeks and I haven't even thought of something to give him!

What do you even fucking give someone as a birthday gift??

It was already nearing the end of November and Ash's birthday is on the 24th of December. Christmas eve.

"Well, don't overthink it, man. There's still time and if it'll ease you, I'll help." Mark said that made me look at him sideways, completely ignoring the game that was still on until Mark cheered when my character died with a clean headshot.

"What the hell is that look for, man? I just wanted to help you, seeing as you're internally freaking out on what to give to that significant other of yours. Plus, you suck at giving gifts."

"That's because I don't give one."

"Exactly the point."

I rolled my eyes at him before turning my attention back to the game in front of me. I restarted the level and Mark and I played again, but my mind was wandering and I completely lost my focus.

"Okay, that's it!" I awoke from my trance when Mark threw the game console in front, making me look at him, confused.

"If you're gonna wander off just like that, just say so. Man, I feel dumb; winning when my opponent's attention is not even on the game."

"You should've just taken the opportunity, man. It's not everyday you get to beat me at a game I own." I said with a smirk before standing up and turned the TV and game off before diving with my back first on my king sized bed.

"Yeah, 'cause I like it when my friend's mind is somewhere out there." Mark retorted, standing up as well, went to my mini fridge and took a can of soda. He opened the can and took a swig before offering me.

"Could've offered or given me one before you closed the fridge and took a swig, yeah?" I snorted with an eye roll at him. Mark just shrugged before tossing me a can.

"So, what's your plan?"

"Dunno, really. Nothing's actually coming to mind."

"Yeah, well, I have a few suggestions, but I don't think it's appropriate."

My eyes that was gazing up at the white ceiling went immediately to Mark.

"I'm all ears." I said and he scratched his cheek as if what he was about to say embarrassed him or something.

"Well, you could, uh, give him jewelry. Like a necklace or--"

"I'm not gonna go and get him a ring, Hunter. At least not yet."