Chapter 6 - A Caring Ashley

Dustin's POV

I groaned at the aching feel on my back as I tried to get up from the floor. Mark came running to my aid and helped me up. I put my arm over his shoulder and his hand on my waist, helping me walk towards the nurse's office.

"What the hell happened back there? I've never seen Ashley so angry like that since we met. What did you do?" Mark asked as he helped me sit on the bed in the nurse's office. I groaned in the pain on my back.

"Don't ask me coz I don't also know." I muttered in response as I settled on the not-so soft bed. If you're wondering where the people in this office are, well, I don't know either and I don't care. Damn fag. He had actually attacked me!

"You haven't answered my question yet." Mark said after a minute of silence, so I turned to my side to face him. "The what?" I asked, my brows furrowed in confusion. He looked at me a bit longer before sighing noisily in defeat. "Seriously, man. I didn't know you swing that way." He said, making me glare daggers at him.

"Fuck you, Hunter." I spat venomously at him. "I'm not a fag." I said, my chest rose and fell from the anger that I was feeling. Mark raised both his hands in surrender before clearing his throat. "Then, what's the deal between you and Ashley?"

"Nothing. We just got stuck in a situation that neither of us wanted."

"That's why he flipped earlier?"

"Maybe. Who knows what goes on inside that psychotic brain of his."

A knock came unto the door, making Mark and I to look at each other before Mark stood up and went to answer the door. When the door opened, it revealed a fidgeting Ashley with his head hung low.

"Uh... i-is uh..." I could see from here how Ashley twiddled with his fingers as he stuttered to ask I don't know what. He probably went here for me. Heh, might tease him for it for amusement. He does owe me for hurting my back. It doesn't really hurt, just a bit from the impact, plus I landed on my chair.

"Hey, babe. Looking for me?" I said from the bed. Ashley snapped his eyes towards me, narrowing those icy blue eyes when I smirked. "Oh, you're fine. I shouldn't have come here." He said in annoyance. He was about to walk away, but I called out.

"Wait!"

He returned his gaze to me and raised a questioning brow. I looked at Mark who was watching our exchange confusedly, his hand still holding the knob of the door. I tried to get up on a sitting position, using both my hands as support, groaning in the process.

I was taken aback when Ashley came to my aid and helped me get up, his face etched in worry as he looked at me. What the? Am I seeing things or is Ashley showing concern towards me? When I sat up, Ashley adjusted the pillow to support my back, taking an extra from the bed beside mine.

"Woah. I never thought the Ashley would show concern to someone like me." I mused, making him stop what he was doing. His face flushed red at the realization that he was taking care of me. "S-shut up, Reggins. Just be thankful I feel guilty for what I did." He stuttered in reply, making me smirk as I turned to look at Mark who was watching us in amusement.

"See that, bro? I have a caring and loving girlfriend." I said proudly, glancing at Ashley to know how he would react. His eyes went to Mark and they widened in realization that there was someone aside from us in the room. Ashley blushed again before clearing his throat and composed himself.

Ashley leaned in towards me, making me frozen in place at the close proximity of our faces. "You are dead when you get better. Don't think you can escape me, babe." He whispered seductively before pulling away and smirked at me.