Chapter 22 - Celebration

Ashley's POV

"Are you sure about this? I mean, I'm fine with just being here, you know." I said, uncertain obvious in my voice as I have yet to process the thought of me spending the week at Dustin's place.

Right after we finished eating earlier, he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the exit and to the parking lot where he shoved me inside his car after opening it and ran towards the driver seat. He locked the car doors after entering, probably knowing that I would escape if I had the chance, and started the car, driving off the lot and onto the road towards my apartment.

"You know, this is basically kidnapping." I said, glaring at him from the passenger seat.

"It's not kidnapping if you went with me willingly." He replied with a smirk, glancing at me a bit before returning his gaze on the road.

"Puh-lease. You pretty much dragged me here and shoved me forcefully inside your car and sped off." I replied with a huff and an eye roll.

"You can't blame me. Knowing you, you'd have ditched me and hid on the first moment." Damn, hit the nail on the head.

"Whatever."

And now, here we are, inside my room with me packing my clothes that'll last a week while he sat on a chair with his legs crossed against the other.

"And what, leave you here alone? Forget it. Besides, you can't celebrate your birthday alone." He stated as if that was very obvious, making me roll my eyes at him. "Since when did you care about me celebrating my birthday alone?" I joked, half meant. Dustin stood up from where he sat and went to sit on the edge of the bed where I was.

"Since I admitted in liking you." He replied so seriously that I had to fight the blush that tried to color my face. "Why can't we just go back to the time where we were still bullies and bullied? You know, so I won't have to deal with you like this." I sighed and averted my gaze from his mesmerizing green-blue orbs.

Dustin held my chin and turned it ever so gently so we were back to looking at each other. "You know, when I admitted to myself that I like you, I wanted to go back in time to beat myself up for even laying a hand on you." He said, the guilt evident in his eyes. The turmoil of emotions swimming inside them made me hug him to me.

"I still fought back, you know. Plus, you didn't really get that far. You only terrorize me by words. I'm not even sure when that 'laying a hand on me' happened." I said, half joking, though I knew what he meant.

Dustin had caught me off guard one time when I was busy studying for a long quiz at the garden of the school. I was too damn busy that I hadn't notice him nearing me until it was too late. It wasn't really that he hit me or something. If anything, it was an accident. While he was preparing to startle me, I had moved and my elbow hit his head.

He groaned in pain and I turned around, startled at the noise, to see him behind me with his hands on his head. I asked him if he was alright and what he was doing there, but instead of answering with words, he glared daggers at me and jumped to his feet and punched me on the face.

Of course, I fought back. Glaring at him with pure anger, I launched my fist as well and punched him straight in the nose, smirking at the satisfying sound of bones cracking that was heard, though I felt guilty when blood oozed down from his nose.

"Hey, hey. That was not counted! How the hell would I know that you were doing shit like martial arts?" I wasn't though, but I didn't tell him that as I chuckled at the way he complained like a child. The frown he had on playfully turned into a smile as he looked at me.