Chapter 24 - Misunderstanding

A/N: Enjoy, my loves~ ^^

----
Dustin's POV

It's already the end of the final exams and I heaved a sigh of relief as I got out of the classroom of my Chemistry subject. I made my way towards my locker when a voice yelled my name from behind me.

I turned around and saw coach making his way towards me, so I stopped and waited for him. He stopped in front of me with a permanent scowl on his face. Coach Gabriel is a middle-aged man with a balding hair and a beer belly, just like your typical sports coach.

"Reggins, why the heck are you skipping practice!? The game is in two weeks!" Coach Gabriel roared, looking extremely pissed. I gave him a sheepish smile as he continued to rambling about the importance of practice and that I was neglecting my own teammates with my random absences.

"If you keep this up, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to have you benched for the last game of this season." I felt my face pale at what he said. No. I can't be benched! Football is my life! "You can't do that, coach!" I exclaimed in a mixture of horror and anger.

"Then don't give me a reason to do it! You're a valuable player of this school, Reggins, and you're already a senior. This is your last game this season, kid. Some scouts will be present on the game and you gotta be at your best if you want them to pick you. You understand me?" I could only nod as an answer, my mind running a mile a minute with thoughts regarding my future and stuff like that.

"I'll be leaving you, kid. Don't forget what I said. You have a bright future ahead of you, Dustin. It'll be a shame if you throw it away at this early on in your life just for a temporary relationship. Oh, and we have practice later, Reggins, so don't skip it." And with that, coach Gabriel left me to my thoughts. What should I do now?

I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when a hand tapped my shoulder. I turned to look who tapped me and saw Mariane, smiling seductively at me.

"Hey, Dustin. Wanna come over to my house later? My parents aren't home 'til Monday, so we have lots of time to have fun." She said, twirling a lock of her red dyed hair as her hand caressed my arm up and down.

"I'd love to --" I started that made her smile turn into a wide grin, revealing white teeth as she moved in towards me, her breasts on my chest. "I knew you won't let me down. Gosh, I shouldn't have believed that you're a fag." Mariane said, doing circles on my chest. I just realized that we were in the middle of the hallway where students roam.

And since we were in the hall, there is a pretty high chance that Ashley Bennett would be here to watch this scene and misunderstood the situation. And as if luck hated me, Ashley appeared right beside me with a smirk on his face and a weird yet menacing glint in his eyes.

Whoops! I ain't liking the looks he's giving.

"What do you want, fag?" Mariane sneered, looking at Ash in disgust, making me ball my fists beside me, but one look at Ash and I knew that he will yet again make a scene. And as much as it turns me on that he's here beside me with that look, I'm afraid people will stir something up if this continues. So I decided to just ignore this and go home.

Of course, Ash wouldn't want it.

"What I want is for you to stop pestering him." Ash replied, smiling at her. I had to gulp at the hidden malice in his voice when he answered.

"Back off, fag. This isn't your business. And if you have forgotten, you were the one who told me to ask him, so get lost."

"Yeah, I did... before this guy proposed to me." Ashley said, making me look at him like he had grown another head. What the hell does he mean? Propose? I haven't even gotten him a ring! "See this ring?" He lifted his hand with a ring on his finger, making me frown. "He gave it to me, so I have business here, because you are touching my fiance."