Chapter 18 - A Friendship Untold

A/N: Hey guys! I'm hyped, so I updated both Loved by a Boy and this. Haha. Vote and comment, loves! >v<)

Enjoy reading~

- saphire

----

Ashley's POV

"Ashley!" A familiar voice called out. I roamed my eyes to see who called. And there, by the gate, was a friend of mine whom I haven't seen for a very long time.

"Darren, hi!" I greeted when I was near him. We gave each other a slight hug before pulling away, grinning at each other. "So, how's the married life?" I asked Darren teasingly and the grin that he has, disappeared and was replaced with a frown.

"What's with the frown?" I asked him and he playfully glared at me. "It's horrible!" Darren replied in a defeated tone. "Oh? How come?" I questioned, not really noticing that we were still at the gate.

"Do we really have to talk here?" Darren asked, raising a brow at me. I just shrugged and replied, "if it suits you, then fine." I laughed at the reaction he made before slapping my arm a little hard. "Ow! What was that for?" I yelped as I rubbed the sore part.

Just then, without any warning, the two Yuan's made a grand entrance. Yuan shoved Darren away from me and Reggins took him by the neck. I was too shocked at what just transpired that when Darren made a noise of struggle, it was when I was snapped out of my trance.

"What the hell are you doing to him!? Reggins, let him go!" I demanded as I glared at both Yuan's and went to Darren to try and pry Dustin's hold on him. "We saw this guy hurt you." Yuan Lee replied, glaring at Darren who looked afraid. "No one hurts what's mine. You hear me!?" Reggins snarled at the obviously shaking Darren.

"What the hell are you doing to him?!"

We all turned to look at who yelled and we saw a guy older than us who were glaring at our direction as he walked towards us, his fists clenched at his side.

"Z-Zee..." I heard Darren squeaked in Dustin's hold, making me snap my head at his direction, alternating it from his to the guy who was now in front of us. "Who are you?" Dustin asked in that cocky tone of his.

"Let Darren go, Reggins." I said, making them all look at me. "Why? This pipsqueak hurt you." Dustin argued, making me glare at him. "And I'm telling you to let my friend go." I replied and with all my might, I shoved Dustin, freeing his hold on Darren, making him frown at me. "This guy is your friend?" Dustin said in an insulting tone that made me look at him in disgust.

I went and rubbed circles on Darren's back as he took in deep breaths of air. "Are you okay, Dee?" I asked in a worried tone. "Of course, he's not okay! Look at him. He's just been strangled by a guy twice his size!" The guy whom I now recognized as Ezekiel, Darren's husband, said, glaring at Reggins who looked cocky like he did nothing wrong.

"I'm so, so, sorry for what this asshole did to you, Dee. He's a little loose on the head." I said, making Reggins glare at me and I glared back just as intense. Darren chuckled a little as he catch his breath. "It's fine, Ash. I'm assuming the guy is someone close to you?" Darren asked in between pants of breath, intrigued when he glanced sideways at me.

"Seriously? You're concerned about who he is to me, but ignoring what just happened to you? Ugh, whatever. Come on, let's get you up." I said and helped Darren up. I glared at Ezekiel who did nothing to help Darren but watch as his husband coughed after being cut off of oxygen for a few minutes.

"Why are you glaring at me?" Ezekiel asked, a brow raised in question. I just rolled my eyes at him as I held Darren to my side tightly. "Ask yourself that, you-- Aargghh! What the fuck, Dee?! Why'd you bit me?" I turned to my side and saw Darren look at me like he was telling me to let it go and I would have if it doesn't concern him. But he just wouldn't budge, so with a grunt, I agreed that made Dee smile.