Chapter 2 - Dustin Yuan Reggins

A/N: So here's another chapter of Worth Waiting For. Enjoy! Don't forget to vote and comment, loves!

Adieu

- saphire

-----
Ashley's POV

After that meeting with Mr. Popular, I went back to my class. I really can't believe nor do I want to believe that he, of all people, must be the one to see me there at my haven. My haven and yet he claimed it has his.

"Where were you been?" Danny asked when I entered the room to the kitchen lab. "Somewhere," I replied with a shrug and walked past him. I sat down on my place near the window and placed my head on the smooth surface of the counter top. I wonder if we're baking something today?

Not long after, Mrs. Ferrer, our home ec professor came in, looking dashing as always. You wouldn't really suspect that she's already married and with two kids! I just tilted my head to the front, not once lifting it from my earlier position and listened to what she has to say.

"Alrighty, everyone, I'd like to announce to you that we would be baking cake today!" She announced enthusiastically and her students - except me; I love baking pastries - just gave her a groan, which she just dismissed.

"Also, it'll be partners. And before you go around screaming like banshees, picking your own partners, I'm sad to say that your partners wouldn't be from your classmates." Another groan echoed within the classroom wall while she just smiled.

I just smirked at these kids, wondering why they're even here if they're going to complain about activities that could enhance their skills. I feel bad for their parents who pays their school fees. Really, I do! They're annoying when they're complaining.

I just sat there, my head still on the countertop, listening as she continued to give instructions. A knock was heard and we all turned to the door expecting that it would be the students that will be our partners for today's activity. It's not like I'm looking forward to meeting whoever it is that I will work with; I'm just curious. In fact, if possible, I want to work by myself but since Mrs. Ferrer doesn't like having a loner for a student (even though I am not... at least I think I'm not), she made sure that her students are even in numbers.

"Ah, that must be them." And true enough, when the door opened, it revealed students and one by one, they went inside and lined in the front next to the teacher's table. "Everyone, these are my class after you and since they don't have class now, I made them join you so we won't have to meet later." Mrs. Ferrer said in that sweet and cheery voice of hers.

We turned our gazes to the door when it banged open, revealing a guy panting with his hands on his knees.

Wait, is that...? Oh no... please don't let it be! Don't let it be!!

I kept chanting on my head when I saw Dustin, standing outside the door of the room, probably wondering why they have class in a different subject now, seeing as he had that confused frown on his face.

Don't go inside.

Please don't --

I internally groaned when he walked inside and lined beside his classmates. I'm not afraid of the guy; he's not that intimidating, I guess? I'm just annoyed by his presence. I don't know. Just looking at him or even having his presence at close proximity makes me want to whack him upside the head or just plain hit him. And no, I don't have a sadistic side... maybe.

I wasn't really paying attention at what the professor was saying because my thoughts wandered off on how to hit the guy that went and tried to intimidate me earlier today for the nth time since we met. I was only snapped out of my wandering when a hand slammed down on the countertop, making me slightly flinch but I doubt it was visible.