Chapter 19 - Masquerade Party

A/N: Not gonna tell another apology. I know some of you are tired already from my constant delay, so yeah. Just read and enjoy the chapter. Btw, cheesy and cliched chapter up ahead!

Adieu

- saphire

----

"What the fuck!?" I exclaimed in horror when Monique showed me the costume I were to wear in the school dance. "I am so not gonna wear something like that!"

"Why? I think this suits you well. Come on, just try it a little so we could see." Monique said and pestered me into wearing the hideous clothing that she was shoving into my hands.

"Why am I gonna wear something like that? I'm obviously not a girl and to be forced to wear that is--"

"Yeah, yeah. It'll hurt your pride. Big deal. Anyway, just try that and let's get this party starting!"

I rolled my eyes at her unnecessary enthusiasm. I mean, who wants to go to a stupid school dance on Holloween? I'm not even in the mood to stand up, let alone be forced to participate.

Ugh.

"Whatever. I'm still not going to that dance." I said and walked towards the bathroom to change into the costume that my friends shoved into me. I could only sigh at their forcefulness.

I cringed in disgust at the sight of myself wearing a skin tight dark red leather pants that showed my ass and curves with a tail attached to it; sleeveless dark red blouse that matched the pants with a headband with horns. If I were to simplify it, I'm a she devil.

Fuck my life!

"I knew it'll be a perfect fit!" I jumped, startled when Monique went inside the bathroom. "What the hell, Nik? You scared me to death!" She just rolled her eyes while I took a deep breath to calm my surprised heart.

"You look perfect!" She exclaimed in giddiness that I really want to slap away. "I look like a hooker in these clothes." I deadpanned, but to be brutally honest, the costume is comfortable and is so easy to maneuver, because it's skin tight.

It's like I'm not wearing clothes at all! And that's the scary part.

"Don't be such a pussy. You look great! And I know just what shoes to match with~"

Monique went out of the bathroom and came back after a few minutes with her hands behind her.

"Tada!"

"No way in hell am I gonna wear that death contraption!" I exclaimed in horror when Monique showed me what she got. It was a ladies' boots with heels a height of five freakin' inches! Like, what the actual fuck?!

"What? Why not? It'll fit you good. Plus, it matches your costume." Monique said while moving closer with hands holding the things in front of her and I was taking a step back each time, only to have nowhere to escape with my back against the walls of my tiny bathroom.

"What are you so afraid of?" She asked me when she stopped, with the heels separating us. "What I'm afraid of is when I tripped and die if I wear that thing." I answered in my utmost honesty, to which she just huffed in with an eyeroll.

"You're not gonna die, Ash."

"Easy for you to say when you're not the one who'll wear it."

"I can say it, because I've used it already. Don't be such a pussy and wear this already so we could leave! The dance won't wait for your whining ass, ya know."

"And I've said it before that I don't even want to go to this stupid dance! Can't you just leave me alone? I have so many shows to watch now that school's out for the next two weeks. I can't afford to waste any more time or I'd be outdated!"