Chapter 17 - Yuan vs. Yuan

A/N: So... yeah. Another chapter! Hooray! I published the book two! Yehey! Vote and comments, loves. I don't really know if you like this story if you don't tell me.

Enjoy reading, loves~

- saphire

----

Ashley's POV

"What?!" Dustin exclaimed after I had explained why I was crying. The look on his face was kinda funny and any other day, I'd have laughed and made fun of him. But right now, I can't.

"The look on your face tells me you're thinking that I'm crazy. I know that it's not believable, I mean, I'm still trying to absorb what he said 'til now." I said in a deadpan voice. Dustin caught the tone in my voice, making him shake his head.

"I'm just surprised. I mean, I never thought that that kind of dream really comes true." Dustin said, like he can't believe what I had just said. He probably didn't. Or not. After a few moments, Dustin looked me straight in the eyes, his expression that of seriousness. "If I tell you I have the exact same dream, what will you do?" Dustin said, the playfulness now gone from his voice.

My eyes went wide and my jaws dropped. What? He must have realized the confusion in me, because he continued. "About a month ago, I dreamt about being in an airport, looking for someone, because I didn't want them to leave. I caught with them and promised them that I will never let them go once I found them. I also had the same dream five years ago. Now, tell me, Ashley Bennett. Are you or are you not the guy I've promised to to finding and never letting go?" Dustin took both my hands in his when he asked.

"Just say yes, Ash, and I'll fulfill that promise." Dustin said with sincerity that had surprised me. And before I could even open my mouth to answer the question indirectly asked, someone had cut me off. "Nice try, Reggins. But Ashley is mine." Both Dustin and I turned to see who spoke and was a bit surprised to see Yuan there, glaring at Dustin so heatedly.

Dustin let go of my hand, stood up from where we seated and faced Yuan, returning the glare given with his own. "And why would you think that Ashley is yours?" Dustin asked, his voice unnaturally calm, but his jaws formed a tic. "Because I'm Yuan. And I'm the one that's in Ashley's dream." Yuan replied, still glaring at Dustin while the latter had given up on glaring and just stared at him.

"Oh? And how do you prove that you're the guy?" Dustin pushed and I'm really starting to feel uneasy, because first, Dustin isn't usually calm when it comes to people who he doesn't like. Second, he isn't one to negotiate. He usually just uses his fists and ask questions later. That's how I know Dustin Reggins. But the guy in front of me that is eerily calm is sending chills down my spine.

"Isn't the name enough proof that I'm that guy?" Yuan was gettin annoyed by Dustin's questioning and I wouldn't be surprised if the latter internally feels the same. "Don't be too cocky, Asian. You're not the only Yuan here." Dustin was beyond furious. He's just trying to calm himself before he did something brutal in front of me with the way he was glancing at me in the corner of his eyes.

"And who's the other Yuan? You?" Yuan snorted as if the mere thought of Dustin having a name as Yuan is ridiculous. "What if I am?" Dustin pushed, his tone that of nonchalance that I did not expect from him in a situation such as this.

"Oh come on, Reggins. Your name's not Yuan. You're not even Asian to have a name like that. Isn't your name Dustin or something? So, why are you pretending to be the guy whom you're not?" Yuan mocked. This is the first time I heard him speak in such a tone. He's usually a calm, carefree, and uncaring kinda guy.

Dustin held out his hand while the other was inside his pocket. Yuan looked at the outstretched limb suspiciously before returning his gaze back to Dustin's face. "What's that?" Yuan asked, but Dustin ignored his question and said, "my name is Dustin Yuan Reggins. Nice to meet you."