Chapter 29: Journey to the Hephaestus Sea

En başından başla

A young man was running through the streets, and a merchant yelled out for someone to stop him. The man ran straight into Redbeard and fell backwards.

"What are you doing in my way, you dressed-for-the-circus weirdo? Is that beard of yours flammable, you chubby, hoboistic fuck? You small-faced pirate stereotype?—"

"Fuck you," Redbeard said, in a tone that oozed with anger.

"Hey man, you shut the fuck up. Because of you, I'm not gonna get away with this loaf of bread. I've got a family to feed, and this is the best I can do."

"That's bullshit, and you know it." Redbeard grabbed the man by the neck and lifted him up into the air.

"Hey, let go of me!"

"You're nothing but talk." Redbeard smiled a crooked smile and then exclaimed, "Leech Glove". The man began to turn pale, as Redbeard's hand turned as red as blood. This continued for about a minute until it seemed as if the man had no blood left, and then he dropped the man's limp body on the ground. The man's life was fading quickly, but while he lay on the ground he mustered up the strength to speak.

"What the fuck?" he asked.

"Blood Spatter," said Redbeard, as he pointed his hand at the man's dying body. His hand, which had been glowing blood red, began to shoot out blood all over the man.

When he was finished, he looked over at the merchant. "So, did this guy steal from you?"

"A loaf of bread. You went a bit too far, I think."

Redbeard gave a stern look, and after an awkward silence and forced smile from the merchant, he laughed heartily.

"I suppose I did, didn't I?" he said cheerfully. "But one less thief in the world is no harm done to me. What about to you?"

"Well, what about his family?"

"Do you really think he has a family? Anyway, do you want your loaf of bread back?"

"No, thank you. It probably has blood all over it now."

"I could remove it."

"Still, you should have it. It's only one loaf."

"Well, if you're sure." Redbeard removed the loaf from the man's pocket and drained the blood from the loaf. He then proceeded to eat it. "This is very fresh bread. Who made it?"

"My wife, she cultivates the food, prepares it, really knows how to do the things I cannot."

"Well, she has a great talent. Anyway, I thank you for granting me an opportunity to catch a thief in the act. I hate thieves."

In the Atlas Sea, a large ship was docked off the coast of the island-prison, Snyke's Penitentiary. The ship had a number of new prisoners, and all of them were being processed. Deeper inside the prison, a cell was occupied by two individuals.

"Fuck, they confiscated my mask," said one.

"I know it's hard to adjust to your new life, but all will be well," said the other. "Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to meditate."

"You seem pretty calm for someone who lost their big fish status."

The other person gave the first person a strange look.

"That wasn't intentional."

"Barracuda is a finished chapter of my life. I am in the process of re-discovering myself."

"Fuck that noise, everyone has an identity. I know who I am."

"Yeah, and who are you?"

"I'm Munge."