Chapter 1

A/N

This chapter was written and published early because I want to finish off Tears Like Rain and dive right into another book.
Enjoy!

*****

Gwendolyn

I pressed the button on the coffee machine while the printer ran off my files.

The younger one of my bosses walked into the copy room and I glanced at him.

Don't get me wrong. Eli is a very handsome guy. With his muddy brown eyes and cropped brown hair. But he was too....persistent.

He's convinced that, since we met at a bar one night when I was heavily drunk and things got out of hand, we're meant to be together.

I came to work the next day and told him that he wasn't my type.

He stopped bothering me for some time, during which I had met up with an old college friend and we had gotten into a relationship.

Right up until the annual office Christmas party.

He had followed me around the whole evening, even after I told him I had a boyfriend. He just shrugged and said. "He's just a minor bump in our relationship."

But today he was acting weird. He wobbled with every step he took towards me.

"Gwendolyn." He slurred my name.

The smell of alcohol radiated off him as he grabbed my hand and pressed it to his face, inhaling deeply.

"You're drunk." I said trying not to gag from the scent of his cologne and the alcohol mixing together.

I withdrew my hand and moved away from him. Suddenly my feet weren't on the ground anymore.

"Put me down!" I yelled punching his back. He smacked my behind.

"Behave."

Barely anybody was in the hallway and the few we passed by were interns. They just put their heads down and walked faster.

Eli carried me to his office and locked the door behind us.

Only after he sat in his swivel chair did he release me, sitting me on the desk in front of him.

I slid backwards on the desk as an attempt to get away but he grabbed my thighs and pulled me back into place. "Be still Gwendolyn or I may put you over my knee this time."

I smacked his hands which had started to ease themselves under my skirt. "Let me go Eli."

He ignored me and drew circles on my thigh. "You know I've loved you for a while now."

I looked around for any possible way out of this situation.

"Since the first time I saw you actually. Long, waist-legnth brown hair, stunning blue eyes, a nice ass and ample breasts." Eli went on.

"Let go of me Eli." I repeated. "Have you ever heard the saying that 'if you love something let it go' well I don't love you so let me go!"