Chapter thirty two

A/N: It's only going to be a filler chapter, I said. It wont be long, I said. Chapter ends up being over 3K... 😅 Honestly filled this chapter with so much crap but the shit is about to hit the fan!

Enjoy and bring on the chapter already!

~~

Josh's POV

Alex: Prick of a manger isn't letting me leave work when he promised me he would! Soz J, ur gonna have to go to the scan by urself :(

"Seriously." I huff reading Alex's text.

"What's the matter?" Trace asks from his usual spot across the counter as I walk out from the back.

I glance up from my phone at him and then back down, frowning at the second text I've just received.

Alex: Snap chat me a photo of the ultra sound picture please! I want to see the baby xx

"Uh, I'm now five months," I mutter awkwardly rubbing my hand over my bump. "And I have my ultra sound appointment in twenty minutes but Alex can't get out of work to come with me." I pout feeling let down.

"I'd go with you but there's no one to cover me until Tyler gets here at 5." Lynn says popping up from behind the counter.

"I guess I'll have to just go on my own." I say glumly and put my jacket on getting ready to leave.

"I'll take you." Trace offers.

"Really?" surprise coating my tone.

"Yeah, I'd like to see the baby. If you don't mind me coming along?"

I was a bit reluctant at his offer at first. I mean, I haven't known him for that long even though we talk and see each other everyday. Nothing more has happened between us since Alex caught us kissing in the kitchen the other night, not from me not wanting to though.

All I've been thinking about for days is that kiss, but Alex gave me a serious talking to that night and filled my head with all the reasons why I should stay away from Trace.

But I really do like him and I really don't want to go to my appointment alone. It couldn't hurt if he took me to one appointment, right?

I thought Trace would be put off by any mention of my pregnancy since he found out, but surprisingly he seems to be really interested in the baby which overshadows any doubt I first had.

"Sure okay, only if you promise not to freak out and run for the hills afterwards." I negotiated.

"If he does I'll be here waiting to give him a few whacks with my rolling pin." Lynn threatens jokingly picking up the rolling pin and holding it in an intimidating way over the counter at him.

I know she was only joking but the seriousness was hidden behind it. Most of the time she was such a moody bossy boots but it was reassuring knowing she had my back.

Trace gives Lynn some sort of a wicked stare but he breaks out into laughter at how ridiculous the empty threat was.

"No need for the rolling pin Miss Gunn, I'm not going anywhere I assure both of you." he confirms before gesturing for me to lead the way out.

~~

When Trace offered to come along with me to the ultra sound appointment I didn't exactly think it through thoroughly. I felt extremely self conscious laying back on this bed with my shirt rolled up and my pregnant stomach fully expose.