Chapter three

Oli's POV

I sat in the dark of my old living room, my eyes already adjusted to the darkness of the room. I was currently smoking my cigarette as I waited patiently for the others to return home and boy that was going to a surprise welcome for them.

I turned up here over an hour ago looking for my gang, parking the kids car I stole in front of the house to only find the house empty and unsecured as I found one of the back windows had been left open, granting me access to the house. What a grave mistake they left right here for me to find, were they purposely trying to get our placed robbed or to piss me off to some extreme?

I hear a sound of a car pull up outside along with the sound of non stop bickering and I'm left shaking my head at every crucial mistake they chose to make and ignore as they make their way into the house, what have they been doing for the last year and half? The living room light soon flickers on and reveals me sitting in my usual spot in the arm chair what's placed in the center of the room.
They freeze when they see me, faces falling and all eyes growing wide with shock and fear. Now that's the reaction I was hoping for, pure fear.

"Getting reckless are we lads?" I say, blowing out the smoke from my mouth and stumping out the last of my cigarette in the ashtray beside me.
"O-Oli, when did you get out?" Matt speaks up, being the only one brave enough to ask.
"Two days ago. I was kind of hoping for a welcome home party from my dear old friends but of course, you need to know a date to be able to plan a party. A date none of you had any idea about." I say calmly, sitting back in my chair watching them all squirm under pressure and fear. They knew they did wrong by keeping me in the dark and I was going to enjoy making them pay for it.
"Oli I can explain." Matt says quickly.
"Oh please do." I encourage him as I crack my knuckles loudly in front of them causing them all to cringe at the sound.

I get up from my chair and slowly approach them, the colour draining from their faces as well as losing their voices to speak so suddenly. I notice there was only three out of the four member's presence, the fourth one being the most important to me but I'll question about his absence later, right now I wanted answers.

"W-we knew the second we set foot on prison grounds the feds would be all over us. You know they would automatically assume something suspicious going on if we visited or even trace us back to base, we thought it was safer to keep our distance."
I chuckled at Matt's poor excuse to convince me why they chose to ignore my orders. More like they were scared shitless what would happen to them if the feds found anything on them. They were cowards and I was growing impatient of they're lousy excuses and lack of devotion to me. This wasn't the gang I left behind eighteen months ago and I wanted to know why they thought it was okay to fuck me over.

"I set certain rules and I expect those rules to be obeyed." I say sternly as I began circling them, neither of them brave enough to answer me now.

"An unfamiliar car parked outside the house, a left open window, the smell of a freshly lit cigarette drifting its way throughout the house. Come on, I thought I taught you all better than that." I mock, all of them avoiding eye contact with me.

I may have been acting calm and not bothered but I was angry. I was more than angry, I was bloody furious and they all knew it. They knew they failed me and they knew I wasn't going to let them off so lightly either. We have been a gang for many years and they lived to serve me and to follow my orders without a say or a second thought. I know I come down hard on them but I have good reasons too, I'm harsh, intimidating, serious, and ruthless, but most of all I'm unbreakable.