Chapter thirty nine

A/N: Hello my lovelies, so this is it. The second last chapter of this story!! Omg I can't believe its almost the end! I'm not sure if there's going to be an epilogue or not, depends how the last chapter turns out and if there's anything left to add. I had to cut this chapter short to because it reached over 6K words! :| but wow, it's been one hell of a rollercoster and I don't want to think too much into it because I will cry lol! But stay with me my lovelies, its almost the end and don't forget there will be a sequel to come in the future if any of you are interested.

I'm off to Download festival this weekend to see You Me At Six and many others! :D Slam Dunk last week was awesome despite I got elbowed in the eye during Good Charlotte's set but that's rock and roll lol I'll probably update the last chapter when festival season is over and I've caught my breath back. Please leave a comment my loves, feedback is much appreciated especially so close to the end. Ily lovelies xx ✌️❤️

~~

Josh's POV – A week later.

Every inch of my body cried out in pain with every unstable step I took. Even with Curtis's help supporting my weight on his, I knew my shaky legs were slowing us down. I bit my lip harshly as sharp shooting pains ran up my body when I tried to increase my speed in desperate need to get us out of here faster.

We've been walking through the dimly lit deserted corridors for roughly five minutes now, and luckily we've been able to avoid bumping into any of Trace's men. I suppose Curtis knew of their whereabouts and at what time they would be lurking around, it still put me on edge though. You could never let your guard down because you have no idea what could be around the corner waiting for us and that feared me most of all.

Sweat droplets appear on my forehead, sliding down the sides of my face as my breathing increased heavily. It felt as if we've been walking for hours through a tropical rain forest, not minutes through a damp dark warehouse by the way my body was acting up. I wasn't quite sure how much longer I could keep this up, but I had to keep going, I had no other choice.

"Don't strain yourself." Curtis mutters quietly so his voice wouldn't draw unwanted attention.

He could probably sense that I was struggling to keep up and using the little energy I had left in me, but I was determined to get the hell out of here.

"I just... I just want to get as far away from here as possible."

"And you will." He confirms. "Trust me, I promised Oliver I will get you back to him safely and I never go back on my word."

My lips set in a straight line as I stayed silent, letting his words sink in. He was adamant that he would get me back to Oli but I wasn't so sure. Not that I didn't believe him, only because I didn't want to get my hopes up in case something went wrong. Something always does when I'm involved, so it just makes sense to me to not get all excited until I was actually engulf in Oli's arms far far away from here.

I ignored Curtis's words and carried on with my pace and he didn't try to stop me again. We continue our escape route through the warehouse keeping up our pace despite my struggles. Curtis said he had a car parked at the back of the building but it was taking us a little longer to get there than expected because of my injuries. I was going to get us both into trouble if I didn't hurry it up. It would only cause suspicion to Trace's men if they stumble upon an unknown car and that was the last thing we needed.