Chapter one

Oli's POV

"Look me up when you get out." I say to my now ex cell mate who was sitting on the bed across from mine. The cell was basically the size of a shoe box and somehow managed to fit two single metal beds in it with about nothing more then three feet between them.
"See you in a couple months." He says smiling back at me and I nod before turning back to my bed and collecting the last of my belongings and waiting beside the cell door for the officer. I lean against the wall crossing my arms to my chest as I wait impatiently to be let out of this god for saken hell hole.

Today I was being released. Today I was finally getting out of prison after I've spent the last eighteen months in this absolute shit hole. Out of all the crimes I have committed in my life, I was rarely caught. I was always two steps ahead of the police and I always had them eating my dust with not a single trace of me apart from this one time...
I was set up. In possession and dealing a class A drug landing me and another gang member, my friend Matt Nicholls in prison. It was a minor crime and something I should have seen through a mile off but I was blinded and betrayed by someone who I thought I could trust. Nicholls however, only got a slap on the wrist and only spent six months in this place instead of staying the full time of his sentence like I had to.

When Matt was released I gave him two simple orders to follow, the first being to take care of the person who stitched us up and the second was to keep my little brother safe. Matt was my oldest friend and probably the only one I trusted, I wasn't always around so he was second in command to run the gang and to stand in for me to keep my brother out of trouble.

Since Matt left I haven't seen or heard from him for the last twelve moths which weren't my orders. I expected to hear something back, I expected to be bailed out of this place, I expected a visit or a phone call or even a letter. I expected something but I got nothing. Not one of my so call friends or gang members came back to me with information, leaving me to go through hell about knowing nothing which was happing on the outside. They were a bunch of cowards, too frighten to come anywhere near this place incase they got caught by the feds and locked up for god knows what reasons. I will make sure they have something to be frightened of when I get out of here though, I will make sure to teach them a lesson for leaving me in the dark like this again. It's not like the police had anything on them anyway, it was me they wanted, I was a whole different story.

The police knew me, everyone knew me. I, Oliver Sykes am known as one of the most dangerous and lethal gang leaders around. I run one of the most ruthless gangs in Sheffield and not someone you want to cross paths with. People fear me and if you don't then you're basically a fool, people shiver at the thought of my name and it's more or less a death sentence if you ever dare to cross me. This isn't the first time I've been in prison, I've spent a lot of time in and out of prison when I was in my teens, I was young and reckless and never did a good job at cleaning up after myself which was why I always ended up in here. But as I got older I learnt how to become essentially untraceable. Committing crimes as big as robbing banks and even murder, I left no leads which led to me and I must say I've become very good at what I do and pretty much an expert. The police never had anything on me, I was the most wanted man in Sheffield but there was never any evidence for them to pin on me and lock me up for life which was what they've always wanted.

No one dared snitched me up for my crimes which were also another reason why I was never caught. People knew it would be they're heads if they breathed my name to anyone. In prison or not, I have connections and I will find you and I will kill you for betraying me and won't even give you a second thought in the process. And every gang out there knew that, they knew not to underestimate the gang which is Horizon.