Chapter thirteen

Josh's POV

A cold breeze wakes my tired body, goose bumps rising on my skin as a sudden chill runs up my spine. I groan and pull the duvet up over my head to try and keep out wherever the cold was coming from. I open my eyes and see I'm buried under unfamiliar bed sheets which I find a cause of concern.

I sit up quickly and take in my surroundings. I was sitting alone in large bed with the duvet pulled up to my shoulders. The room was cold and empty and the only thing alive was the netted curtains dancing in the wind from the open balcony doors. My body relaxes a little when I remember where I am. I was in Oli's room.

I sigh heavily and sit back against the headboard. I was hoping to wake up this morning and hope last night was all a dream. But it was far from it.

I crawl out of bed and put on Oli's red flannel which was on the floor and hesitantly peek my head out of the balcony doors. I find Oli sat up on the railings with his back against the wall and one leg dangling down whilst he inhaled his cigarette. Classic Oli, I don't know how he's sitting out here in only a tank top and sweatpants its bloody freezing.

He senses my presences and glances over at me, his eyes raking over my bare legs as I was only in his t-shirt which only came to mid thigh.

"Hi." He smiles.

"Hi." I say giving a small smile back.

"How are you this morning?"

"Cold." I frown wrapping my arms around myself and leaning against the glass door.

"Sorry, guess I'm not used to having people over." He says, stubbing out his cigarette and stepping down from the railings.

He walks over to me and goes to touch my face but I back away a little still abit afraid. He stops instantly and sighs.

"You're afraid of me now, aren't you?"

"I'm just abit confused." I bite my lower lip seeing his expression change.

"We should really talk." I suggest before heading back inside and hearing him sigh loudly.

I sit on the end of the bed and watch Oli come back in, closing the balcony doors behind him and leans back on them.

"I don't do talking Josh." He confirms but I just raise my eyebrows.

"You need to give me some sort of explanation."

"We agreed to sex and nothing more. Can we just leave it at that?"

"Well, I didn't agree to being shot at and crazy car races and being forced to stay the night at a gang's grand palace house but you know, here I am." I sassed not putting up with his bullshit of not wanting to talk. Fuck it, I'll make him talk to me.

He groans and drags a hand down his face. I cross my arms over my chest and scowl and he rolls his eyes at me. He walks over and lies back on the bed next to me with an annoyed expression but I was going to get him to open up.

"So... Tom said your some sort of deadly gang leader?" I start, getting straight to the point.

"Ugh, I shouldn't have left you alone with my brother!"

"Well... is it true?"

He leans up on his elbows so he could see my face.

"Look, Tom shouldn't have said anything to you but yes, yes I am. I run a well known gang which is called Horizon, I have a very interesting track record for my work. I'm feared because I'm the best at what I do and I take no shit. End of." He huffs and lies back down on the bed.