Chapter twenty two

A/N: I did some brief research on Oli's injuries for this chapter but I didn't search enough to know lots of facts, so please don't call me out if its not accurate. 

Enjoy and comment please my lovelies :) xx

~~

Josh's POV

The doctors rushed Oli into the emergency room where they needed to perform surgery on him straight away. With hysterical cries I begged the doctors to let me go with him but I wasn't allowed to go in and then, I was being ripped away from Oli's side and shoved into a overly cleaned waiting room by myself as I needed to be checked out by a doctor for any injuries.

After I got off the phone to Jordan, he said that he would call for an ambulance as it was more likely to get to us first than he or any of the others. So I was currently alone in this hospital building going out of my mind with worry and desperate to see a familiar face that would calm me from my wild anxiety. I was trembling. I think I was still in shock from everything that's happened and I kept pinching myself to see if I'd wake up from this horrid nightmare.

Thankfully I wasn't in the waiting room for very long because a doctor came in for me shortly after and took me into another room. They performed an X-ray on my arm and ran other tests and check ups on me too to see if everything was okay.

I didn't care about my arm, yeah, it was really painful and had swelled up like a balloon and obviously needed to be looked at but, Oli's injuries were far worse than mine, I think I could handle a sore hand.

All I wanted to know if Oli was okay but my doctor ignored all of my questions about him and continued with their examination on me which only upset me more. Turns out I had sprained my wrist from where I fell when Oli pushed me out of the way of the car. Which I thought was a bit ironic. I get a sprained wrist whilst Oli is in another room fighting for his life. I wished it was the other way around.

I felt sick and hopeless not knowing anything. I pray to God that he was alright because if he wasn't I'd never forgive myself.

The doctor wrapped a bandage around my wrist and ordered me to rest it for the next 48 hours and to put an ice pack on it for 20 minutes twice a day for the next two days to help the swelling and tenderness go down. After that I was free to go back to the waiting room and wait for someone to come tell me some dreading information about Oli.

I felt more alone than ever. I cradled my sprained wrist to my chest and slowly dragged my feet along the floor back to the room to feel sorry for myself and wait for a doctor to hear over bearing news..

When I opened the door to the waiting room I was shocked yet relief to see Horizon in there already waiting. My puffy eyes meet with Jordan's and before I can tear up again I walk straight over to him, avoiding the others.

"Have you heard anything?" I ask eagerly my tone full of hope.

But before I could reach Jordan though a very angry and distraught looking Tom stepped in front of me.

"What the fuck were you doing in the middle of the road?!" he yells in tears and shoves my chest which made me stumble backwards.

"I...I don't know." I mumbled and adverted my gaze to the ground.

I didn't want to tell him the real reason behind why we were standing in the road. I wasn't sure how he would react to my confession for my love for his brother but I had a feeling he wouldn't take it well. So I kept quiet.