Chapter 65

“Shouldn’t you be on stage or something…?” I say, running my fingers through his curls as I sit astride him on the couch.

“Soundcheck is in an hour. We’ve still got a bit of time.” He says, nuzzling his face in between the crook of my neck and shoulder as I lean against him.

“Good. Why’d you come here so early in the first place?” I question, feeling like we could be in the hotel right now.

“Ben wanted to film some stuff for the next tour documentary. “ He shrugs.

“I see.” I hum, my fingers fiddling with his hair as his fingers draw circles on my thigh.

“Hey go out with me.” He says suddenly, leaning back to face me.

“Nah.” I say casually, shaking my head at him whilst grinning. “I mean, I flew like 24 hours to be here, but I don’t want to go out with you. We don’t have a lot in common, we barely know each other…this is all so sudden. How could you just spring this on me out of nowhere? I wasn’t expecting this-“ My sarcastic comments are stopped by his hand that clasps over my mouth.

“Someone really ought to bite that smart lip of yours.” He growls.

“Was that meant to be a punishment? Because if the someone is you I fail to see how it could be a punishment.”  I mumble against his hand and he rolls his eyes.

“Are you done?”

I nod and he hesitantly removes his hand.

“What I meant, was let me take you on a date.”

“We can’t-“ I begin to protest.

“I know we can’t be seen in public as more than friends, but we’ll just have to behave ourselves won’t we?”

“Well what did you have in mind?”

“Surprise…Although I don’t know when I will ever have time to actually take you anywhere considering tour but still, I will make it happen.” He pouts, poking my nose.

“Okay.” I lean down and kiss him softly, he directs my head down slightly and plants a kiss on the bridge of my nose, then my forehead.

“Either your phone is vibrating…or you’re really happy about our current position.” I laugh, feeling his phone clearly going off in his pocket.

“Ugh.” He groans in frustration and I fish his phone out of his pocket, making a point of grazing my fingers against his zipper as I do.

“Fucking tease.” He says, his hips distinctly bucking forward slightly, causing me to lose my balance and almost fall backwards off him before his arms clasp around my waist, his large hands almost reaching the whole way round as they secure me in place on his lap again.

“Teddy?” I question, reading out the caller flashing across his phone.

“Ed.” He clarifies, taking his phone and answering the call. I slide my hands underneath the hem of his shirt, grazing over his torso and up his chest, he glares at me, trying to ignore me which only encourages me to lean forward and draw my teeth along his jaw line, at the same time purposely pressing my chest into his. He huffs and his already tight jeans get visibly tighter beneath me.

“Sorry Ed, I’m a bit distracted, what’d you say?” His free hand smacks my arse in punishment and I wink at him, returning my teeth to his neck line and gliding my tongue along the neckline of his black tee.

“No, it’s no one important.” He says, exaggerating the sentence and I glare at him, knowing he said it to piss me off. Two can play that game.