Chapter 62

My hand is trembling as my knuckles knock against the door, my heart feels like it’s in my stomach, I’ve never felt so nervous in my entire life. 

The door opens just as I’m about to walk away, I look up at him, struck by his overwhelming height that I’d clearly forgotten about. The same green orbs I have seen night after night in my sleep meet mine, his brown hair a dishevelled mess as he runs his finger through his hair, clearly out of frustration when he thought he was being bothered by someone other than me. My eyes travel down his shirtless chest, a small grin spreading across my face when I see CJ tattooed on his hip bone that is half hidden by his briefs that hang from his hips in a devilishly enticing way. I step through the threshold of the door, my bags fall down from my shoulder as I shrug them off. 

His eyes widen when he notices it’s me, and I suddenly realise I have to talk, but I’ve forgotten everything I was going to say.

“I don’t know why I’m here, I just got on a plane and-“ My voice is shaky, frantic and rushed as the words leave my mouth in a tangled mess, cut off by the feeling of his lips crashing against mine, his hands sliding under my arms and around to my back, lifting me up against him as he turns around, pushing the door shut with his back as my hands fly around his neck, clutching at his hair, fingers entwining, pulling his face closer to mine as my tongue explores the not-so-familiar territory it has been longing for since god knows when. My whole body has been set alight by my craving for him, even in this moment when I have all of him at the tips of my fingers, it’s not enough, and my hands are hungry and desperate as they grip his hair, moving around to his face to grip either side of his cheeks, breaking our lips apart as I look into his eyes. My lips feel numb from the loss of feeling as I try to gain the strength to talk.

“I…Fuck…I can’t even talk, I’m so glad you’re here.” He breathes, his voice like an earthquake as it resonates through me, the thick, raspy sound that instantly sets my nerve endings on fire, a fire begging to be doused in petrol and ready to explode completely.

“I know. But maybe we should talk.” I suggest, my breathing already ragged from our kiss alone. I can hear our hearts beating in sync, pounding against my chest that’s pressed against his.

“What about?” He asks, casually. His arms are still engulfing me and my feet are off the ground as he holds me next to him, our faces aligned. My eyes are quite literally lost in his, the depth of the green irises I’m staring into is like a chasm that I am happy to fall into.

“I can’t remember.” I press my lips to his again, full pink lips that know exactly how to kiss me to make me fall apart at the seams, without him even doing anything else.

He presses my back up against the wall, moving his lips from mine down my neck, across my chest as his hands slide up the inside of my shirt, sending chills down my spine and eliciting a throaty moan from my lips as my back arches against the wall.

He buries his head in between my shoulder and neck, sucking lightly on the sensitive skin as my fingers trail down his back. I feel him press against my jeans, hard. My yearning for him is growing by the second, and I can’t take it anymore, taking control of the situation by pressing my chest hard against him, bringing my back off the wall at the same time I jump up, wrapping my legs around his waist.
“Bedroom.” I groan, finding his lips again and he nods, managing to walk in purposeful strides to the bed. All the want, all the pain and all the longing we’ve both been going through these past few months has led to this momen and it's driving our overwhelming chemistry as always. My whole body is consumed by my passion for him, every little characteristic I witness as he places me gently down on the bed has me literally unravelling, his hands moving to the hem of my shirt and pulling it up over my head with my assistance as I stare at him, finally seeing the lines of his face, the fullness of his lips and his painstakingly beautiful eyes that I had memorised but nothing would ever be as good as the real thing. He hovers above me, pressing his chest down against mine as our lips reconnect, sending waves of desperation through me. I wrap my legs around his hips again, using my strength to roll us over so I’m on top, my needy hands running over his stomach, carving lines along the definition of his muscles.