Chapter 22: The Claws Come Out

This week is depressing. Even the sun thinks so, it has withdrawn itself from the world and been replaced by continuous downpours of rain. Each day is a variety of storms to drizzle, forever darkening the sky and making it harder to be happy when everything around me feels dark.

This friday is Niall's St Patrick's Day party, a week or so has passed since our discussion and each day I remind myself of why I have to forget about both Harry and Louis, letting Niall's words resonate within me and keep me strong. It is slightly easier to move on when I hold onto the anger I hold for both of them. Harry for obvious reasons, but it's harder to be at Louis when all he did was just not contact me after that weekend.

I scroll through my phone as I sit in the lunch room on my break and start to construct a message to Linda requesting an urgently needed girls night out, but I'm distracted by a new message.

Louis: How are you? :)

Why is he texting me now? I want to cry, I've just gotten to a point where I don't think about him or Harry...that much anyway, and now he's texting me.

Me: Fine.

I am blunt, bitchy even and I dont' care. He needs to know I'm annoyed.

Louis: angry huh?

Me: why would I be angry?

Louis: you tell me.

Oh my god, he is so infruriating!!

Me: well let's see its been...three weeks?

Louis: I'm sorry, I've been busy.

Me: Fine.

Louis: Don't be mad at me. Can I call you after you finish work? I'm at rehearsals, and Harry just mentioned something funny you said a while back and it made me miss you...

Harry is talking about me? And by the sounds of it in a relatively positive way. I don't know how to feel about this. Just because he says he misses me doesn't mean I have to go weak at the knees.

Me: You can call, I can't guarantee I will answer.

Louis: I'll talk to you later then. Enjoy the rest of your day xx

I. am. so. angry.

Oh my god! I can't believe that. He is so hot and cold! He can't not talk to me for a few weeks and then just be full on all over again.

This is so...I don't know, just confusing. I don't know how to feel.

...

Louis: Buzz me up.

It's 8 O'Clock and he still hadn't called me when I got this cryptic message. Is he downstairs?

Me: What?

Louis: I'm downstairs, buzz me up.

Me: Why?

Louis: Because I want to see you.

Me: Why?

Louis: Just because. Would you buzz me up already?

I succumb to him, buzzing him up and quickly running into my bedroom and changing out of my hideous flannellet pyjamas and into jeans and a black mesh jumper. I brush my hair out quickly and pinch my cheeks to freshen my face.

"helllo?" Louis calls through my apartment after stepping out of the lift. I return to the living room where he's standing. He looks so much better than last time I saw him, he's freshly shaven, had a hair cut and it's gelled up off his face for a change, and he does look like he's gained weight. He looks absolutely flawless in black jeans and a denim button down. Damn him....I cross the room to where he is standing, a defensive scowl on my face as I purposely look him up and down judgementally.