Chapter 25

I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to shake myself out of whatever day dream I am having. It's not a day dream though, he's here. His bright green eyes are staring into mine with an aura of...something, that I just can't pinpoint. The way he looks at me makes me feel so safe, like nothing I've ever felt before. I am radiating happiness at this point and it is so new, so unfamiliar that I love it, I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff in summer and a cool breeze is blowing on me as the sun shines down and everything feels fresh and new.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He opens his mouth in a breathy laugh, extending his hand to rest between us on my bed, wrapping his large fingers around my wrist and running his index finger along the heartlines of my hand.

The sound of his laughter fills the room and my ears, the heavenly sound overwhelms me as happiness spreads through me. Nothing could spoil this moment, and nothing will. This is it, this is the end of all the pain and all the hurt. This is it. This has to be.

"Can you believe it?" He says softly, pressing his lips against my neck, just below my ear.

"No. I honestly can't." I murmur. I'm so happy, deliriously happy. Happier than i've been in my whole life. Louis made me happy, yes. Excited about new possibilities, yes. Niall made me have fun, yes. He made me sure of myself, yes. But Harry..oh Harry does all of those things and more in the blink of an eye.

"Well you better, because it's happening. You and me." He blinks slowly, running his tongue across his bottom lip.

"I know." I smile contently. For the first time in a long time, everything is finally slowing down, I feel the stillness in this moment, like this is what everything has been building to.

His fingers continue to fiddle with mine and I just stare at the beautiful, perfect person laying opposite me in this bed. I never want him to leave.

"I promise, I'm not going to hurt you anymore." He kisses my forehead and my heart warms at his promise.

"Please don't. I just don't think my heart could take it." I laugh, trying to keep the moment light as he pulls me into his chest, I kiss the spot where one of his sparrows is.

"Don't worry about Gemma." He whispers against my hair. And I don't, I don't worry about Gemma. I'm struggling to worry about anything at all really. I have Harry and that's enough for now. I wish I could care more but I am absolutely lost in my small world with him that I am failing to see any issues with anything in the world right now.

"I'm so sorry." He says, running his fingers along my arm.

"I know." I nod. "Stop talking. I just want to lay here with you." I grin.

"But we have so much to talk about..." He protests.

"I know..it can wait. Don't ruin this moment for me." I laugh, wrapping my arms around him and squeezing him tightly. Nothing in the world feels better than this. And we lay in silence for a long while, a perfect time period that I will always remember as the moment Harry stopped hurting me.

But it was all too perfect, and the sound of his phone beeping on the bedside table interrupts my perfect, fleeting moment.

He picks up his phone, swipes across the screen and I watch as his face pales, his eyes widen and his jaw drops. He gulps as my stomach falls. What is wrong? He locks his phone, throwing it back onto the table like nothing ever happened.

"What was that?" I sit up curiously, looking down at his face that has completely changed expression.

"Nothing." He says calmly, gulping again.

"No, Harry what was it?" I ask again, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion. What could have completely changed his mood?

"I said it was nothing. Don't stress, you'll get worry lines on your pretty little forehead." He smiles innocently. I sit up and throw one of my legs over to the other side of his hips, sitting astride him in a fight for power and grabbing for his phone. He does at the same time and beats me to it, wrapping his long fingers around it protectively.