Chapter 42

I stare at my hand thats raised in the air, holding up the paddle. It's become a foreign object to me, working in an alliance with my mouth to completely betray my mind and my heart. Harry's eyes hook with mine and his smile grows, knowing I'm going to save him from Taylor's claws. I'm not doing this for him, I'm doing this for me. I would feel guilty if he got back with her....It's messed up but I don't want him to get hurt by her, even if I should want him to get hurt as badly as he hurt me, I just can't think like that. And there's the tiniest green monster on my back that really doesn't want to see him and Taylor back together, after this auction me and that monster are going to have a little word about why I would ever be jealous of Harry and some slut. 

"42!" Taylor hisses, giving me a nasty glare that I return, I met her a total of once the whole time her and Harry were together and she did not make a good impression. Not to mention she hated me when she found out I told Harry to break up with her, he didn't take my advice at that stage but I bet he wishes now he did. 

"$42,500!" Harry is so paying me back for this. 

"42,750!" Taylor has really got her glare down pat but if she thinks it's intimidating me she can think again. 

"$43,000!" I raise my paddle once again, using my lawyer voice to make my bid. The tension in the room is thick as Taylor and I stare each other down from our seats across the room. I quickly steal a glance at Harry who's eyes are nervously looking between the two of us like he's watching the ball go back and forth in a game of tennis. My eyes briefly catch something in the corner of the room, peaking behind the curtain where Zayn had been waving to Perrie from earlier, stands Louis. My stomach sinks and I blush bright red, what am I doing? I shouldn't be bidding on Harry, I should be bidding on my boyfriend..he's the only one I want. I don't want Harry...but this is just helping out an old friend, and I'll be damned if I let Taylor win now. 

"What are you doing?" Louis mouths to me from the curtain, his face is covered in concern...he looks hurt, and betrayed.

"I'm sorry, I'll explain later." I mouth back and he shakes his head at me, I will deal with that later. I turn my attention back to the auction. 

"43,500!" Taylor snarls, stupid bitch. 

"44,000!" I say curtly, the tension is rising and our bids are getting faster and faster, each paddle raised triumphantly only to be beaten by the next. 

"44,500!" 

"45"

"45,000"

"$45,500!" 

The bids go back and forth, her frustration clearly growing as her grip on the paddle tightens and I give her a nasty smile, bitch I could do this all night I'm a lawyer for fucks sake I don't like losing. God why am I so heated up over this?

I don't think this is what comic relief had in mind when they organised this but who cares? She is not going on a date with Harry tonight. Neither am I, even if I win I refuse to go anywhere near that boy because I know I'm going to have to spend the rest of the night convincing Louis that I don't want Harry. 

"46,000!" 

"46,500!" 

"47,000!"

"47,500!"

"48!"

"48,500!" 

"49,000!" She says, her frustration becoming more and more evident in her voice and if looks could kill I would be six feet under ground now. 

"50,000!" I say confidently.

"Oh fuck it he's not worth it." She mutters, but it's loud enough for everyone to hear.