Chapter 23: Misery Loves Company

"Would you just wait and let me explain?!" I call after him and he suddenly turns around in the corridor outside Niall's apartment, leaving three metres of space between us.

"Why?! So you can lie to me again?!" He yells, his bottom lip trembling. This is awful, I've never felt so guilty in my whole life. I'm going to be sick.

"Louis I never lied to you!" I defend.

"Yes you did! I trusted you, fuck Lola I told you everything! God, I'm so stupid!" He bashes his head against his hand.

"No you're not! You can trust me, I won't tell anyone what you told me. Please Louis you have to believe me. Niall means nothing to me, we're friends with benefits. That's it. He was just a distraction! I was going to end it as soon as you and I became something, please believe me!" As the words leave my mouth I hear how unconvincing they sound. I'm gonna lose him, and I can't blame anyone but myself.

"How can I possibly believe anything you say Lola?! I was so honest with you, you said you wanted a fresh start, no secrets and yet you kept this from me! You wouldn't even tell me who you're heartbroken over! Who is it Lola?! Can you atleast be honest with me for one second and just tell me something so I know that you weren't just leading me on this whole time." He strains desperately.

"Harry. It was Harry who broke my heart." I sob, everything tumbling around me and I can't see clearly anymore. My tear flooded eyes can barely make out the shape of Louis standing infront of me.

"You know I really liked you Lola, but this is fucked. I'm done." He throws his hands up in defeat and before I can stop him he's gone, out of my view and I'm left crumbling in the corridor outside Niall's apartment. I'm done, why does everyone always say this to me?

I wipe my tears, gathering my composure and stand up straight. Everything has turned to shit since that weekend with Harry. My whole life has been this rollercoaster of mess after mess and mistake after mistake and he is the one to blame, the only high points on this horrible roller coast were the times I spent with Louis. 

I storm back down the doorway and straight passed everyone into the kitchen. I find where Niall keeps his Vodka and down way too much in one big gulp. With my new anger-fueled and alcohol-induced confidence in tact, I storm up to Harry and look him square in the eyes.

"Niall's room. NOW." I order and walk past him into Niall's room, his heavy footsteps following me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I push him hard against his chest as soon as we're in the safety of Niall's room.

"Oh fuck off, you know you can't blame me for what just happened!" He chuckles, pushing me away from him like I'm a feather. His laugh fills my ears; its patronising and almost evil as it crashes over me, he loves doing this, he loves laughing at me when I'm upset, tearing me down further. 

"I can't blame you?! Did you seriously just say that! What just happened was a direct result of something you did!" I'm so angry I can barely talk, I am fuming, my hands are literally shaking with anger.

"Maybe so, but I'm not the one who slept with Niall while dating Louis!"

"Me and Louis aren't dating, we went on a few dates and hung out and I was happy. You just ruined the only thing that has made me happy since you completely fucked me over!" I scream at him, I can't yell loud enough to release this tortorous anger that has over come me. Everything is red, I have never been so angry at one person in my whole life.

"You brought this on yourself! You had to see this coming, you knew it would all blow up in your face but you did it anyway!" He yells back at me. I'm trying not to look at him, trying not to let his attractiveness seep into my mind.