Chapter 68

"Ashton, please pick the fucking phone." I yelled into his voicemail.

I couldn't count the number of times i called him. He had gone AWOL since the moment he walked away from me. It had been over a week and it still hurt more than i could ever imagine. And I had to tell him. But i couldnt say it on the phone. I wanted to talk to him when we could both see each other's faces.

"I love you. So much. I'm so sorry. Please pick up." I muttered to myself as I listened to the ringing.

"I'm so sorry baby." The voice broke me down. I started crying as i leaned to her touch and closed my eyes.

"I love him so much." I said.

"I know baby. I know."

That was when i suddenly registered the fact that it wasnt a voice i should be hearing. I jumped up from the floor and sprang back.

"Whats wrong honey?" She asked.

"You're not real. You're dead."

"What are you talking about. I'm right here."

"My mother is dead."

"Baby, I'm right here. Look at me."

And i did. It didn't look like the hallucination that i used to see. She looked like....my mom. Normal and beautiful. The doctors from the rehab assured me that i wasnt crazy, and that it was just a coping mechanism that my brain created.

I sprang the door open and ran downstairs. Dad and steven were in the living room.

"Mercedes, Keys. Now." I said urgently to steven. Mom was still following me, asking me what was wrong.

"Why?" Steven asked.

"I...need to go somewhere." I told him.

"Where?"

"To see if my fucking boyfriend would come back. What else do you think?" I couldnt believe how easily the lie rolled off my tounge.

"Take the porsche." He said throwing the keys at me.

Mom was next to me even when i took the car out of the garage.
I needed the Mercedes. But i didn't want my brother to get suspicious.

So i headed towards the next best thing. The fighting pit.
I called kyle, despite the last conversation we had.

"I need to know where the fighting pit is right now." I asked him without even a simple hello.

"Why?" Kyle asked.

"Kyle!"

"I'm trying to get a hold of him too Wilson." He said after some time, with so much pain in his voice.

And it killed me. Killed me knowing i was the cause, that i was hurting him.

"Kyle please." I said, my voice cracking and a sob left my lips.

"Oh. Don't cry baby. Remember what i said; never cry infront of a man who can make you small." Mom said.

"Kyle." I was plain whining by then.

"Okay. I'm texting you the address. Don't go in there without me."

I didnt wait for him. Fortunately, the girl i was looking for was there.

"Sam!" I called her name and ran towards her.

"Hey, isabelle." She said skipping to me, her red hair bobbing up and down.

"I need something." I said.

I'm sure that wasn't what she meant when she told me to let her know if i needed anything. We met about a week ago at target.