Chapter 44 Part II

The next morning, my head pounded like a loose door. It was worse than any hangover I've ever had. Kyle wasn't in bed so I got up and walked downstairs. I had a sling around my neck and arm, and a bandage around my ankle. There were small wounds all over my body and a black eye. A stupid black eye.

A knock and then Steven popped his head inside. He must have heard me move around.

"Oh Izzie." He said kissing my forehead. Even that movement hurt me, but I couldn't tell him that.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here. I should have been here. None of this would've happened if I stayed home."

"It's not your fault. Don't do that. Not when I can't even slap you for blaming yourself. Save all that for after I get better." I tried to smile. But the cut on the corner of my lower lip didn't let me.

"Can you help me? I need some chapstick" I asked Steven.

"Ofcourse." He said making me sit next to the dresser. He applied a little chapstick and some make up to cover my black eye.

"I need to change. Is Kyle here?" I asked.

"He just fell asleep at the dining table. He stayed up all night." Steven replied. "Everyone else is here. I can send Nora up." Steven said.

"Could you? Help me? I don't have any make up on. She'll see the scars." I asked hesitantly. Despite being friends for so long, I didn't want them to know. They'd notice when they see the old scars. And I'll be asked questions I dont want to be asked. Steven seemed to understand it.

"Okay." He said going into my closet. Thank god I was wearing a bra.

"Okay. Here's one with no left sleeves." Steven said.

"Steven, it's my right hand thats injured."

"Okay. Found the perfect one." He said taking out a dress that'd reach my knees. It had a long left sleeve and a very strange but short right sleeve. Perfect for that day.

When I went downstairs, everyone was asleep. Nora's head rested on Ashton's shoulder, while he had his head neatly held back and his arms crossed over his chest. I didn't even know why he was there.
Nate had his legs thrown up the handle of the couch, his head on Nora's lap. Lee was sitting on the floor, his head on the couch. Sean was sitting on the beanbag chair I just bought.

"They slept here?" I asked Steven.

"When Kyle called me, we came as fast as we could. Nora called the others. You should've seen Lee. He was almost as mad as Kyle." I chuckled, a roaring pain reaching my chest.

"What's wrong?" Steven asked.

"Nothing. I haven't taken any meds yet." I whispered. "Did you...you didn't tell dad, did you?"

"Ofcourse I did." Steven said leading me to the soft chair. "But I did tell him nothing much happened and that everything was under control. I convinced him to finish his bussiness in China before coming back. That gives you one and a half weeks to recover before he comes back."

"Look at you." Nate woke up. His sleepy voice really was sexy. "Only you can go through that and still look so hot." He said kissing my cheeks.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." He said.

"Aww. I didn't know you cared that much." I said teasing him.

"Princess." Ashton said getting up. I tried to raise an eyebrow, failing miserably due to my black eye. He touched my neck, the faint redness where Damian tried to strangle me.

"I'm so sorry." He breathed out. He looked genuinely caring, it surprised me. "You still look so beautiful."

"Don't be. It's not your fault." It was all I could say. Steven showed Ashton the bathroom, so that he could clean up a bit. Going home apparently wasn't a choice for either of them.