Chapter 12

Renan Pacheco Portraying Ashton Westbrook^>

I woke up to the sound of loud knocks on my door. I started locking my room eversince the incident at school. I thought of burning the pictures, but I didn't have the heart to do it. For some reason. It was who I was. It was a sign that things won't change no matter how hard I tried. My past is going to follow me, until it reached me. I just hoped all of my past won't come back to haunt me.

"Isabelle open this damn door" it was the voice of Steven. It had been over a week since the incident. I didn't go to school the first day. And then when I went, people kept laughing and staring at me. The worst part wasn't even Ashton and his smirking. It was Nathan's blank stares. He'd look at me like he wanted to say something, and then walk right past me as if I was just a stranger.

And then the next day at lunch, Lee kind of smiled at me to get hit on the side by Nora and she shook her head. And then Venessa poured cold water on me. And boy did I want to get back at her. But I knew that was all they wanted. To provoke me. To show the world that I was a bitch or something. But I didn't want to give them the satisfaction. I just sucked it up.
The next day, after Dr.Cranfield, I went to the lakeside until the end of school. I just went home, saying I had a headache the day after that.

I had myself locked up in the room during the weekends and the first few days of the next week. Kyle tried contacting me, but I decided it wasn't a good idea considering he already knows too much about me. The only time I went out of my room was to see my therapist. I didn't really talk to him at all either.

"Izzie please open the door" steven said. I went ahead and opened the door. "Come downstairs and have some food." He asked me. He was worried. He didn't look like a 19 year old. He looked older, he seemed to have aged ever since he had to take care of me. I knew I was making it harder for him. He never got angry with me for that. He never complained.
"Okay" I said following him. I owed him that. He looked over at me. My attire. I was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie. I had tied my hair in a bun, which looked like a huge mess. In short, I looked like shit.

I walked into the kitchen to find Ashton and Nathan sitting by one side of the table. I looked at steven, to find a set of pleading eyes staring at me. I went and sat in my usual spot, which happened to be right infront of Nathan. No one talked. Steven placed a piece of red velvet cake infront of me and asked me what I wanted to drink. I shrugged my shoulders. "Izzie!" steven said quietly
"Um, can I have a beer?" It slipped my mouth. Steven looked at me with what seemed like horror.
"Are you okay, Izzie?" He hesitated before asking.
"I'll be fine" I whispered.
"Thats what you said last time. Izz, you'll tell me right? If it's starting up again?" I didn't answer him. I couldn't answer him. "Izzie!" He sat next to me with a beer.
"I'm here for you this time. You know that right?" Steven asked me. I nodded my head. He stood up and left the kithen, saying he'll leave us kids to it.

"Why haven't you been to school?" Nathan asked after some time. I shook my head to say nothing.
"Ashton is here to apologize" he said again.
"No need." I replied not looking up from my velvet cake.
"He didn't think it was such a big deal" Nathan said. Clearly it wasn't Ashton who was sorry. It was Nathan and he was forcing Ashton to apologize.
"Are you done?" I asked.
"See. I told you her Highness is a cold Princess" Ashton was out of patience.
"Ashton!" Nathan's voice was warning.
"Okay. I'm sorry Princess" Ashton muttered, not meaning it. I got up and and walked back to my room.
"What's her problem?" I heard Ashton asking Steven.
"You are her problem you son of a bitch" Nathan replied.
"Well I don't know and I don't-" steven's voice was faded out as I locked the door behind me.

I woke up the next day, feeling the same way. But maybe I need to go to school. My dad and Steven were already flipping over, because 'it is starting again'. I popped 2 Prozac pills into my mouth, telling myself it was for my self confidence.
After what felt like ages, I wore a skirt. With a white tank top tucked into the floral clothing. Putting on a baby pink jacket over it, I called out to Steven, who came into my room very eagerly.
"Remember when you used to braid my hair?" I asked him.
"Yeah. People used to think I was gay" steven sat on my bed.
"Because you were so good" I laughed.
"You made me braid your hair since we were kids. You'd say we'll play guns if I braided your hair. I was eventually meant to get better" he laughed back.
"So I want you to braid my hair." I said sitting infront of him.
He really was good at braiding. For a while, he had long hair, and he'd braid it trying to look cool. Which girls thought was hot. But really he looked like shit. After he was done braiding my hair, I looked in the mirror. He had done it in a french braid, on my right.
Wearing my favourite watch on my left hand, I walked out of my closet in pink high heels.

"Woah, that must be at least 3 inches" Steven said following me.
"5. I said opening the passenger seat and getting in."
We talked a lot of things until we reached the office.
"And I'll see you at home" I kissed Steven on the cheeks as I got out.
"What about school?" He asked.
"I'll call Kyle" steven looked at me like he had no idea what the fuck I was talking about. Oh wait he didn't.
"The really hot guy who rides a bike? Always wears a leather jacket? He took me home a couple of times."
"Whatever. I wanna meet the guy afterwards okay?" I watched him drive his BMW away until I lost sight of it.

"Good morning Doctor" I said entering Dr.Cranfield's office.
"Good morning Isabelle. You seem to be in a good mood today. Did something happen?" He asked me.
"No. Just woke up and realised how great life is." And I chuckled to myself.
"Are you sick?" Dr.Cranfield asked me.
"What? Nooo! I'm just happy and alive" I chimed. "Aren't you happy?"
"Why, I am happy Isabelle."

He asked me his usual questions, to which I gave funny answers. This is hands down, the best session I've had with him so far.

"Wait. I can ask you things I want to know, right?" I asked
"Yes. As long as it doesn't break any rules." Him and his rules.
"How old are you?"
"I am about to be 30."
"That young?" I widened my eyes in surprise. Dr.Cranfield nodded his head smiling.
"Understandable. You are a handsome young old man" I said. He laughed.
"Are you going back to school Isabelle?" He asked.
"That's the plan Dr.Cranfield. Are you married? "
"No, not yet. Enough about me. Tell me about you Isabelle Isabelle"
"Obfcourse. You are so sweet." I winked. "My name is Isabelle Lillian Wilson. Isabelle was my late Aunt's name. So mom wanted to name me after her. Obviously dad said yes cause you know. He's like crazy about her. And Lillian is my god mother. Whom when I do meet her, she lives upto the title. Her son and I have been bestfriends since we were born. Even though we don't really talk right now, he'll talk to me soon though. Its no biggie. Cause we are bestfriends. I am from LA. Born and bred. I love LA. And there this other bestfriend I met at Maries Academy of Art and Music. She is amazing too. And then because I was bad, daddy sent me to London. And then I came to this town to see you. Because you are the best. Dad only likes the best. Oh and I have a daddy and the best brother in the whole world. My mom passed." I finished.