Chapter 33

I got to my room to find Kyle sitting on the bed.
"Hey" I said softly, making him look up. He stood up immediately, with an indescribable look in his eyes.

"Wilson I..." he stopped and let out a breath. Our eyes met. Kyle was the first one to look away, he walked to my window/glass-wall and looked into the town. This time of the night, the town had almost no light in the neighbourhood. There was a more populated neighbourhood, but my father being my father, disagreed on letting me stay somewhere where I am more prone to find "party animals" to bond with.

I waited for kyle to say something. I was allowed to be stubborn. Maybe unjustly, but I decided to remain true to my wish.

"Wilson I am so sorry. I just... I wanted to call you but... There was an emergency. I had to..." he paused again.

"No more lies, Kyle. No more lies." I stopped behind him.

"I want to. But I can't..."

"Why not?" My voice cracked. Stupid, but he was literally admitting that he found it hard to tell me the truth.
"Do you not trust me?"

"I do. I told you, baby, I trust you so much. I'd trust you with my life. But its not my secret to share"

"How is it not yours, when you spend day and night at God knows where and you don't call, you don't text, you don't even check up on me"

"I do, I did keep Sivan to keep an eye on you"

"Excuse me?" I asked horrified.

"I-"

"You had me followed?" I raised my voice. "If you can't talk to me then be it. But why the hell would you...you know what forget it."

"When will you let that go Isabelle. I can't talk about it. Why are you pushing me. I don't." It was true. But I was more focused on myself to reply to that.

"Because I'm your girlfriend Kyle. And as your girlfriend, I deserve to know what's going on in your life." By then we were loud and I could hear Steven's footsteps near my room.

"Yes. You're my girlfriend. Not my mother. I deserve to have some things private from you"

"You're right. I'm not your mother. You know how I know that? Your mother won't give a fuck where you are or what you do" I blurted out before I could think about it.

Kyle's face looked like a hurricane hit him. I knew I had hit a nerve.

"Please kyle."

"Do you really wanna know? Wilson, do you?" He asked getting closer to me.
He was nothing like guy I knew. The look in his eyes, his anger, the clenched fist: was scaring me. I took a step back with every step he took closer.

"Do you want to know the horrible things I did? The things I had to do to stay alive? The things I still have to do. Because wilson, Xavier might have let me walk away. But that does not mean his enemies would. You can leave the street, but the street follows you. Do you think I want to live like this forever? Do you think I don't want to stay with you every second of eveey day? Is that what you think? That i don't love you anymore?" He took another step closer. I took another step backward, my back colliding with the peach walls of my room.

"If they find out about you...." he closed his eyes and tried to steady his breath. "I can't imagine what I would do if they did something to you Wilson. And I don't even know if I can trust Damien to be on my side on this. I don't know..." he turned away from me and tugged at his hair with both his hands

"Just talk to me, Kyle" I said walking closer to him again.

"Dammit, didn't you hear a fucking word I just said?" Kyle snapped at me, his voice booming in the room, and turned around lifting both hands in the air.