Chapter 65

<WEIRD DUDE: querying on collection of prize; I'm ready for it. xx >

I was waiting at the lunch line when I got the text. I smiled to myself.

<ME: Querying on demand of prize; What is it? xx>

<WEIRD DUDE: Clearing up of prize demands; met Syl. She asked about you. Taking her to the park today. Want you to come with us. xx >

<ME: Execution of prize demands; sounds do-able. Meet after school? xx>

"Hey." I gave Ashton a peck on his lips before taking the seat next to him.

"We're planning to go to the prom together. All of us." Nora started talking.

"Okay. I can get a limo for us." I said. "Is Lucy coming?"

Everyone fell silent. All the boys that is. Then Sean got up from his seat and walked away.

"What was that?" Nora turned to his brother.

"They've been fighting a lot lately. Called it last night." Lee said quietly.

"But why?" Nora asked again.

"What were they fighting about?" Nora asked again.

"Why didn't she tell us?" I asked Nora.

"About a month now. She'd ignore him for days sometimes." Ashton said. And then Lee and Nate started telling us the story. Ashton was never much of a story teller.

My phone beeped.

<WEIRD DUDE: Sounds great. See you then. xx>

"Whose that?" Ashton asked.

"No one important." I locked my phone and smiled at him. He pursed his lips into a thin line, disappointed in me.

"I don't want what happened to them to happen to us, Princess." Ashton said.

"It won't. I'll go talk to Sean okay?" I said kissing him.

As I expected Sean was at the soccer field, shooting balls at the open goal.

"Your goal keeper is coming right up." I said running down the bleachers and towards him.
He looked at me and turned back at the goal.

"I don't want to talk about it." Sean said grumpily

"That's okay. We can do whatever you wanna do." I said stopping infront of the goal. "Shoot."

Sean hesitated a second before kicking the ball. I yelped and went sideways letting the ball in.
That repeated for some time before he sat down on the grass next to the balls. I sat down next to him and stretched my leg.

"I love Ashton." I said. Sean looked at me, as if asking me what my point was.

"He told me he loves me. But i never said it back. I still haven't said it back."

"Why not?" Sean asked.

"I'm scared." I replied.

"He won't hurt you." He said taking my hand. "Trust me."

"I know that. I'm scared I might hurt him." I said. "I'm scared it's not enough. I have a habit of fucking things up"

"You still love Henderson?" It sounded less like a question than statement. I didn't answer.

"That's understandable even if you do. He's your first love." Sean said.

"It scares me. I don't wanna lose Ashton." I said.