Chapter 50 Part II

"Happy new year, Izzie." He said and pulled me into one of the hallways, where there was no one.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Its new year's eve. I can't start a new year without you." He said.

"You did last year didn't you?"

"I just want to talk Izzie. Please." He said. "Come with me."

"Where?" I asked.

"Somewhere that isn't here." He answered.

"I can't just leave. This is my friend's party." I replied.

"Just tell them and come. I'll be in my car." I just stared at him. "Look Izzie. Its a bunch of teenagers. If they recognize me..."

"Fine. Give me a few minutes." I said.

"Who did you kiss?" Lucy asked as soon as I reached them.

"Just some guy." I replied. "I am taking off okay?"

"So soon? All the fun is after everyone leaves. Just our little group." Sean complained.

"I know. But I have to go. I'll see you guys tommorow. We're still going to Joe's right?" I asked.

"Okay. We'll pick you up." Sean said.

The original plan was for all of us to spend the night at Sean's. His dad was away on office bussiness and he had the whole place to himself. Only child.

"Oh and Steven?" I stopped a couple feet away. "When you get home, I'll rip you apart. Limb by limb."

Steven had known. From the apologetic look on his face, I knew. I should have known from the moment he said he'd join us later.

I went into the parking lot, knowing it was a horrible idea. He was waiting next to his car, his hoodie covering his face. He opened the door for me when I reached upto him.

"I'm listening." I said when he got in. He started the car and let out a loud breath.

"Where to?" He asked.

"I don't know. Aren't you the one who wanted to get out of there?" I asked. When he didn't reply, I added.

"There's a McDonald's a couple blocks away."

There was only a single booth occupied at that time. The fact that it was this late and that it was new years was probably why there was no one around.
We took a booth most isolated from the others and sat there.

"How are you?" He finally asked.

"I'm good." I replied.

"Izzie."

"Dany."

"Look I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. It was hard for me too, you know that?" Dany asked.

"No Dan. It was hard for me. And I just needed my bestfriend to be there for me. Or my father. Or my brother. But none of you could be there when I needed you to. In that rehabilitation centre, I was the only one who never had visitors. None of you wanted to see me. None of you called me. And when everything was said and done, Kyle picked up the pieces that were left off. You don't even know who the hell that is." I finished.

"I do Izzie. I do know who the hell that is. Why do you think I am here? You think I don't keep up with how you are? Izzie you're my best friend-" Dany said.

"Bestfriends don't abandon each other." I stopped him.

"I didn't. I needed some space. But you wanted me to."