Chapter 55

When I arrived at the airport, there was a car waiting for me. We had an apartment in Manhattan, which had a lot of security. Good thing the guard was already familiar with my face.
I called Dad soon as I got settled in the place. Which didn't take a long time. But the video call I made to Steven did take long.

I  called everyone I knew who lived in Newyork afterwards, but none of them were available.
But then, I found an unexpected companion.

Harry Seeley.

He invited himself over to mine, which I didn't really object to. He was bored, as was I.

Harry wasn't a newyorker. He was one of our LA crew. More precisely one of Steven's closest friends.
We talked for hours after he arrived. He was at Newyork on official bussiness. Training to take over his grandfather's bussiness soon as he completes his degree in bussiness management.

His father was the first and only son of Mr.Seeley. so naturally he was supposed to be the heir to the company.
But he died before Harry was born. Turns out Mr.Seeley does not want any of his other children or grandchildren to inherit his company. Understandable considering he practically raised Harry all on his own.

"I don't understand. So why not just tell your grandfather that?" I asked.
Harry never really wanted to go into bussiness. He could do it pretty well. What's in the blood is in the blood.

"I don't know. If I step down, I'm basically handing a multi million dollar company over to a tyrant."

He was reffering to his cousin, who also happened to be my ex, Simon. There was close to no one who didn't know how much of a bully he was. Aaand 15 year old me didn't really consider that fact when she went crazy over him.

"Yeah that's true." I replied.

"Good thing you don't have to do that." Harry said. He had been keeping away from the usual marijuana cigarettes since he was around me. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Fashion probably."

"Eh. I can actually see you in fashion." Harry said throwing his head back.

"How long are you gonna be here?"

"3 days. I have an exam on friday."

"Then why are we wasting time? Lets go have fun." He said getting up and skipping a little bit.

By the time I got home after the trip, all my anger had vanished. Surprisingly the 3 days that I spent with Harry were amazing. He didn't smoke a single cigarette the entire time. His usually red eyes were all cleared up, and you could see the dreamy, mesmerising blue eyes of his.

We spent the first 2 days talking, shopping, eating, and doing mundane, boring things....which didn't seem very boring at the time.
It was actually quite lovely.

On the last day though, he made me get a tattoo. The whole under 18 thing? Well. Doesn't work when you have a wallet full of hundreds.
At the last minute, I had second thoughts. So Harry made me smoke pot.
He made a promise to me that he wouldn't and he kept true to his word. Eventually, we ended up clubbing and getting drunk off our asses later.

"Hey bro." I said taking off my glasses.

"Do you have something you wanna say to me?" He asked.

"I had so much fun at Manhattan." I said beaming.

"Yeah so I hear." He said grunting.

"What's got you all cranky?" I asked.

"What's the one thing you were asked to do? Specifically not to do?" He asked a little bit louder this time.