Chapter 48 Part I

Ashton's hand was enclosed around me while my body was pressed against him.

We were spooning.

With the sound of my shriek, he woke up and moved away from me. Which meant he fell off the bed.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him.

"Why don't you tell me. You came onto me." He whispered.

"When? When did I, when did I?" I asked. Whispering but yelling.

"Last night. After you fell asleep." He yelled back.

"Why didn't you just roll me away?"

"I did you dumbnut. You were all the way over there when I slept." He said getting up and entering the bathroom.

I ordered him to stay inside the bathroom until I told him otherwise. Although he showed resistance, he waited in there till I finished changing.
He was already downstairs when I came out of the bathroom. Quickly doing my make up and hair, I joined them in the dining room.

"I'm not sitting next to him." I said pointing at the only empty chair, that happened to be next to Ashton.
He rolled his eyes putting syrup on his pancakes.
Nora and Lucy made pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Nate shook his head and changed seats with Ashton.

"Thankyou." I said pouring a coffee.

We discussed activities for the day. Which the first thing was a small hike and rock climbing to find the perfect swimming spot. Lee's words.

"Isn't the water too cold?" I asked as we hiked through the woods.

"It is. But its gonna be worth it. Trust me." He said walking ahead of me and catching upto Nate.

Ashton was behind me, keeping a clear distance from everyone else. I slowed down for him.

"What?" He snapped at me, extra cranky.

"Don't tell anyone about this morning." I ordered him.

"Don't worry. I wouldn't want anyone to know either." He said.

_______

I stopped in front of the rocks.
Which made Ashton stop and look back at me.

"We climb up all these?" I asked. The others were almost out of sight by then.

"Yes, Princess. You climb." He said rolling his eyes and turning away.

I got up one of the rocks and put my hand on another one. I pulled one of my legs up that rock and then was stuck. Wearing a lacy top over my bikini suddenly seemed stupid. I had no pockets to put my phone in.

Ashton was a few steps ahead of me when he noticed me struggling. He cursed under his breath and came back to me give me instructions. He held my hand and pulled me up most of the time.

"That's so high. I can't climb up that." I said pointing at the next rock.

He clicked his tounge and took my phone from me, putting it in his pocket.

"Just put your hands on the rock and pull yourself up." He said from next to me.

"Its not working." I said groaning.

With no warning, he put his hands on my waist and lifted me up. His thumb grazed my bare skin, where the top had slid up.

"Thanks." I said as we reached the destination.

Ashton had the faintest pinkness covering his cheeks. Good to know it wasn't just me who got effected by the whole thing.

I came out of the water before the others. Thankfully, we got service down there.
They were right about the place. It was more beautiful than any beach I had been to. Within the US that was.
I just finished my job when Ashton sat behind me, with a water bottle.