Chapter 44 Part III

"I promised you that I'd explain everything to you."

"He was an obsessed freak. Whats more to explain?" I asked.

"There's a coffee shop down the block. You wanna go there and talk about this?" I nodded my head.

After ordering, we sat at the table in the corner.

"Remember when I told you Damian got me out of some bad times, introduced me to Xavier and everything?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Thanks." I muttered to the girl who brought our drinks and a piece of cake.

"I did some stuff, which I don't wanna get into. But getting out of that mess was impossible. So I tried to leave the gang. But they wouldn't let me. So I messed with even worse people. Which would cause trouble for them. But instead of going after the gang, one of them, came after me. And this one night, I met up with Damian. I was with him, talking, when this guy came. And I ran. I left Damian and ran. I was a kid. I didn't know what to do. But they caught upto me. I was sure I was dead when....Damian shot him. That was his first kill ever. He was just 18 back then. So he took me to Xavier and told him everything that happened. Xavier didn't really want so much trouble. But Damian begged him to help me. I didn't understand why. We just had known each other for a few weeks. And I guess it was a tough call even for him. But Xavier is a good person. There was a 15 year old boy standing infront of him, scared to death. He let word out that anyone who dared to touch me, would have a problem with him. And no one wants a problem with him. He told me that I can leave whenever I want. And that he was impressed with how much trouble I managed to cause on my own." He cleared his throat, as if hesitating to tell me what was next.

"You dont have to." I said taking his hand.

"No I do." Kyle said closing his eyes.

"He's..... he's my ex."

"What? I..I don't..what do you mean?" I asked.

"Damian."

"But you're not gay." I said frowning.

"I'm bi." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked.

"Because...some people can't accept it. Even if they do, being with a guy who had been with a guy....I didn't want to lose you"

"Kyle it doesn't matter to me." I leaned in and kissed him. "I don't care who you dated. Men or women. I love you. And you love me. Thats all that matters." I told him.

"I think I love you even more, if thats possible." He said grinning. We were silent for a while, and then he spoke again.

"After I joined Xavier, everyone noticed that he treats me different. He treats me like his own son. So everyone else treated me really nice. Pretty much no one would even approach me. But Damian would. When I first realized I like him, it was just weird for me. Because all my life, I had always found girls attractive. I knew he had a thing for me. Well, everyone knew that. He was openly gay."

"He doesn't look gay." I said.

"Neither does your friend Michael." Kyle said with a laugh. "Anyway, he confessed to me.  And he kissed me. And I liked it. But I told him that I can't. That I'm not gay. He accepted it. I guess a part of him knew. That I liked him too. After I turned 16, I still liked him. So I just, I did it. I kissed him. He was already with someone else back then. But he left him, and we finally got together. We kept it a secret though. Everyone knew, but we thought we were being very secretive. Mostly cause I wasn't ready to let everyone know. We were together till, earlier this year. He was so possessive. And me being bi made him more paranoid. He said I'd 'choose a pussy over a dick' if it came down to it. That wasn't it though. It doesn't matter to me. I couldn't talk to either gender, without a fight that lasts for ages. And it didn't help that the girls at school came onto me. And I still didn't want to go public. It was all too much for me. When I talked to him about it, he got mad and slept with his ex. I obviously  broke up with him. It was hard for me too. But Damian took it really bad. We stopped talking eventually.