Chapter 40

"Shit!" I cursed. The pain that coursed through my head was unbearable. I slowly got off the bed, wearing the first thing I could get my hands on and went into the kitchen.

"Thought you'd like this" Steven said handing me a disgusting looking drink.

"Whats in this?" I said making a face. Smelling it: big mistake.

"Do you want to know?" He asked.

"Probably not" I said downing the drink in one go. Then he handed me 2 Tylenol pills.

"This....isn't aspirin" I said looking at it. Steven didn't let me eat any painkillers other than Aspirin.

"I know. But, you need it." He said.

"Um steven?" I asked suddenly.

"Yeah?"

"How exactly did...Nate...end up in my bed?" I asked.

"What?" He exclaimed.

"I was naked when I woke up" I whispered to him.

"I have no idea. I asked Sean to look after you before coming back here."

Soon, everyone was up. Connor sent a limo to take us for brunch. Nate and I avoided each other until we reached the restaurant. Ashton and Nate were whispering again while we got seated.

"Come on, man" Nate said sitting next to me. Ashton looked at me and back at Nathan before rolling his eyes.

"Forget it" he said.

"Dude!" It sounded more like a plea. Ashton did not speak again, but sat next to Nate.

"Are we going to talk about it?" I asked, as the waitress took our orders.

"What's there to talk about?" Nate said, refusing to look at me.

"Seriously Nate? You're going to treat me just like one of your hook ups?" I whispered to him.

"Look I don't know okay? If Handerson finds out, I am as good as dead. Besides you are the one person I swore never to bang. This changes everything Izz" He said rubbimg his forehead.

"Do you remember anything that happened?" I asked.

"Oh for fucks sake. You went skinny dipping under the moonlight. You kissed her. Princess puked her stomach content out. And she passed out. Thats it. Can we please stop talking about this?" Ashton said loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Wait. So thats it?" I asked, a little too enthusiastically.

"Yes. So you can go back home to your prince charming and run off to the sunset in a fucking carriage. Now can we let it go?"

"Who got your panties in a twist?" Lucy asked. He glared at her and let out a loud sight before getting up and leaving.

"I'll go talk to him" Nate said. "I'm so glad we didn't fuck"

●●●●●●

A couple weeks later, we were all somehow sitting in detention together.
Kyle sat a few seats away from me, refusing to look at me. He had been distant from me ever since we got back from LA. At first he'd find some excuse to stay away from me. Or would brush it off as nothing. At least he would come see me, spend time with me during the first few days. But the last couple days, he didn't so much as say a single word to me. I would sometimes catch him looking at me longingly, but he would look away as soon as I looked at him.

"Now you kids better behave, until I come back" the teacher said as she followed the receptionist, who came and whispered something in her ear.

Soon as she left, I looked at Kyle. He was looking right at me. For once, he didn't look away. My friends atleast had the decency to pretend that they didn't know anything was wrong.
Even Ashton, who was back to being a class A bitch to me.