Prologue

Warnings: Bullying and violence

9 years ago

"I'm sorry", Jaebum muttered as he yet again bumped into someone. He was hurrying
to his classroom but the task proved to be quite difficult as the other students just wouldn't move faster. He was in such a rush that he didn't notice the small yellow letter falling out of his pocket.

In fact he didn't notice that it was gone till lunch time came along.

Jaebum sat with his friends, Yugyeom and Jackson, around a small table in the cafeteria. They were talking about something that sounded like homework but he only listened to them with one ear. Jaebum kept stealing glances at another student, that sat on the other side of the large room.

Choi Youngjae.

The boy had his full attention since Jaebum first met him in class and over the time he developed a crush on the other. But how could one not? He was literally a walking sunshine and always made other people laugh.

It was fair to say that Youngjae and his group of friends were one of the most popular students at this school.

"Hey, Jaebum? Are you listening?" Jackson hit his shoulder lightly.

Slowly he turned his gaze to him. The blonde had a frown on his face and Jaebum excused himself for not talking to them.

His friends sighed but let it slide since it hadn't been the first time.

"Can you all listen to me?" A loud voice yelled. It was one of Youngjae's friends.

Immediately the attention was on the boy who seemed to practically glow under their stares. But there was something about his expression that Jaebum didn't like.

"I found something pretty interesting on my way to class today", he continued.

He climbed on top of the table and searched for something in his jeans pockets. Finally he found whatever he needed.

As soon as Jaebum caught sight of the yellow letter in the other's hand his heart began to beat faster. It couldn't be possible.

Youngjae's friend opened the note and cleared his throat. He sent an evil smile towards Jaebum, whose breath hitched as he realized what was about to come.

"Dear Youngjae", he began, "I honestly don't know with what I should start. Maybe with the way your laugh always makes me smile too? You don't know it but whenever I hear your beautiful laugh it feels like the sun shines just a little bit brighter. I'm normally not a fan of expressing my feelings, especially not romantically but you won't ever read this letter. At least I hope so,"

The whole cafeteria was dead silent, everyone wanted to know the rest and watched in anticipation, whereas Jaebum felt like crying.

"This letter is basically me confessing to you. Of course I know you won't return my feelings. Hell, I don't even think you know I exist but like I mentioned before. You'll never read this and it feels good to let everything out. I was bottling these feelings up for god knows how long. But back to the point,

I think I love you, Youngjae.

Yours truly,
Jaebum."

The tears were visible in Jaebum's eyes as everyone looked at him shocked. Jackson and Yugyeom were practically fuming with anger as they glared at the male who had just read their friend's love letter in front of the whole school.

It all happened so fast. Youngjae stood up but was held down by one of his colleagues. The students started laughing, whispering and even shouted at Jaebum.