Know Pain

"How?" Naruto asked in disbelief at the fact that his Pervy teacher had been taken from this world.

His lover's reply of, "Pain," tore through him since he immediately felt a sense of guilt and responsibility for Jiraiya's death as it had been his idea to inform the Toad Sannin that the supposed leader of Akatsuki had been his student. He looked down at the woman he was hugging to him, who was crying into his chest, and knew she must be feeling the same mixture of emotions as she had wanted to inform him as well. She began to blur as the tears he was trying to suppress for her sake quickly overpowered him. Unable to hold them back any further he let them fall as Tsunade let him know the details of how his teacher had met his end.

*****************************
Jiraiya's last day:

Jiraiya was sitting on the edge of what had become his side of the bed at the place that he had been using for the past several weeks. He was looking out the bedroom window of the apartment he was staying in as he observed God's Tower which was what the locals called Nagato's base of operations.

He felt the other occupant of the bed begin to stir as she said sultrily, "Mmmmm, come back to bed Master Jiraiya." The Toad Sannin chuckled as he looked over his shoulder at the naked full-bodied woman whose apartment he had been sharing for the past several weeks. She rolled onto her back so that her feet were pointing towards him in order that she could nudge his shoulder with her foot. Jiraiya reached back to grab the foot and began to massage it causing Tezuna to coo appreciatively. She followed his gaze causing her to say, "It looks like it is going to Rain today."

Despite the fact that there wasn't a cloud in the sky, Jiraiya grunted in the affirmative. Her face grew pained as she pulled her foot away and getting to a kneeling position said, "You're going to confront god today, aren't you?"

The Toad Sannin looked back at the beautiful woman that he had met in one of the male entertainment clubs of the Rain Village when he had infiltrated the village. Allowing himself to recall how he had become the woman's lover he thought back to how although Konan hadn't provide much information on Nagato, since Jiraiya figured that while she supported Naruto, she couldn't just betray her comrade with whom she shared so much suffering. She had however provided the key information that sometimes the rain that so often fell in the country was actually Nagato using a jutsu to locate infiltrators to his base of operation. Therefore, Jiraiya had been able to sneak in undetected in an attempt to learn more information for his inevitable confrontation with his former apprentice.

Yet, he had only been in the village a few hours when he had needed to find a place to lay low as the clouds began to grow darker signaling a downpour. He had quickly chosen the closest Hostess club he had stumbled across. Tezuna had been working there although she had been entertaining someone else when he arrived. He had quickly selected a couple of younger women and proceeded to put on the show of being a customer in search of a good time. However several hours in, the jovial atmosphere had been broken when Tezuna's husband had barged into the club smelling of booze. The husband, whose name was Ryusui, had caused a rather spectacular scene after chasing off the man his wife had been entertaining. He began to get a little too fresh soon thereafter as he began to fondle her breast while acting like a big shot.

Jiraiya had tried to ignore the man since he didn't want to cause a commotion. Granted, he was known to get a little too fresh at times himself, but the way Ryusui carried himself the Sannin could tell this was a rather common occurrence. The Sannin was also one of the people that tended to demand people behave themselves in the clubs. He was of the mind that although it was the various hostesses job to be flirtatious that didn't mean they were whores. He also knew this was something the more upstanding owners of such clubs tended to believe as well. True some of the more free-spirited women would allow themselves to be grouped provided it added to their tips, but it tended to be something that was done subtly less the other customers got the wrong idea.