⦂ twenty-six ⦂

[a/n] -decided to put a cool sfx makeup tutorial in the media (top) because you know... it's nearly halloween! enjoy it! :) (props if you know, and watch the person who did this tutorial)

-

time skip: nobody's pov

"boys and girls of every age, would you like to see something strange? come with us and you will see, in our town of halloween." alysha quietly sings 'this is halloween', a song from 'a nightmare before christmas' as she begins painting some pumpkins in the art classroom.

this time, she's on her own. the teacher (can't remember her name, sorry x'D) is in a meeting with a load of other teachers, like mr. brown, mr. payne, mr. lewis, and mr. bradley.

"i am the one hiding under your bed, teeth round sharp and eyes glowing red."  alysha continues to the sing the song whilst using some red paint to make it look like the pumpkin is bleeding from the eyes, and mouth she happily drew and painted on earlier.

"this is halloween, this is halloween. pumpkins scream in the dead of night." alysha begins to sing the chorus of the song with a small smile as she happily adores halloween.

suddenly, there's a knock on the door, making alysha look up from what she's doing. "what're you doing here?" alysha asks as she watches simon walks in. "i've been told to keep an eye on you." simon smiles. "by who?" alysha asks. "mr. bradley, mainly." simon says as he walks towards her. "oh." alysha sighs.

"so, what're you doing?" simon asks as he sits opposite her. "making halloween decorations." alysha says as she gets back to work. "very nice." simon comments. "thanks." alysha says, not taking her eyes of her work. "you're welcome." simon nods.

"here, make yourself useful. make some paper bats so we can hang them up in the corridor." alysha says as she throws simon some black paper, a white coloured pencil, and a pair of scissors. "i'm not very good at drawing though." simon admits. "just try. look at pictures or something." alysha says. "okay." simon nods.

. . .

the room is silent as the pair work on their mini projects. the faint sound of footsteps echoing in the corridors, mixed in with the sound of the wind howling, and the leaves shaking combine to make a interesting hybrid of noises.

"simon. can i ask you something?" alysha asks, breaking the silence between them. "sure." simon shrugs as he continues to cut out the bats that he's attempted to draw. "why did mr. bradley tell you to keep an eye on me?" alysha asks, intrigued. "in case you decided to make a run for it. aka, in case you didn't show up, or leave half way through." simon mutters; too concentrated on what he's doing to speak up properly. "well he's an idiot. i love doing this. i wouldn't just leave." alysha says. "i can tell." simon lightly chuckles. "you can?" alysha asks. "well, as i was walking down the corridor, i heard you singing the song from a nightmare before christmas." simon admits with a smile. "oh..." alysha hums, slightly embarrassed.

simon lightly chuckles at her. "don't laugh at me. it's rude." alysha says, throwing a piece of tissues, covered in paint, at him. "alright, alright. i'm sorry." simon says as he throws the tissues back at her. "that's what i thought, bitch." alysha says. "oi, language you." simon warns her. "sorry, dad." alysha rolls her eyes. "less of the cheek as well." simon says. "sorry." alysha smiles.

-