⦂ eighteen ⦂

library: alysha's pov

"will you be alright, alysha?" mr lewis asks as he stops in front of the library. "i should be." i shrug. "alright. if you need anything, go to the front desk in the library, and ask them for help, or ask them to call me if it's a serious matter." mr. lewis says. i nod, "okay." "alright. see you soon." mr. lewis smiles. "see you soon, and thank you." i smile before walking into the library.

i walk in and happily make my way to the table at the very back, away from everyone. a sigh escapes my lips as i flop down onto the chair and hoist my bag onto the table in front of me. i rummage through my bag until i find my homework, which i randomly threw in, and my shitty pencil case.

"right. time to attempt this then." i mutter to myself as i grab a pen from my pencil case.

. . .

simon's pov

"thanks for coming with me, mr. minter." hannah smiles at me. "anytime, hannah." i sigh.

she's claiming that she can't find last weeks homework on the computer in the library. so, instead of asking at the front desk in the library, she decided to log off, and come and find me to help her.

let's just say, she's not the brightest student. i mean, she can't be if she thinks that we're gonna get married once she finishes school. i mean, i do have standards you know.

we walk into the library and make our way over to the computers. out the corner of my eye, i notice that alysha is here, doing some work - possibly her p.e. homework hannah basically forced me to give her.

i watch as hannah sits down in front of one of the many computers. "right, you log on, and i'll be back in a second." i say before walking off, towards alysha. it's piss hannah off, but i don't care.

. . .

alysha's pov

"what're you doing in here?" the familiar voice of simon startles me. "oh, hi sir." i smile up at him. "what're you doing in here?" he repeats himself as he sits down next to me. "i couldn't stay in mr. olatunji's call any longer, so i went to see mr. lewis who then brought me up here so i could do my homework." i explain. "i see." simon nods.

"why're you here?" i ask, curious. "helping hannah." he simply says. i look around until i'm met with some crazy eyes: that's when i know i've found her. "oh, i see." i nod.

"don't let her bother you, aly. she's not worth it." simon whispers to me. he obviously doesn't wanna piss her off. "she doesn't." i shake my head. "well, i'm just telling you. don't let her. she isn't worth your time." simon says. "i know she isn't." i smile.

"mr. minter, can you come help me now?" hannah asks as she walks over towards us. simon sighs, "of course." "thank you." hannah obnoxiously smiles.

i could smack her. i'm not going to. but i could.

"i'll come check on you in a bit aly, okay?" simon says. "sure." i shrug. "alright, see you soon." he says before walking off, with hannah. "see you soon." i mutter.