Chapter 46

"So where are we going on Friday?" I asked Aiden as we walked towards my locker.

"That's a surprise."

"I hate surprises!"

"No you don't!" He grinned. "You just hate the curiosity that comes with it."

"Yea that too. So what's the plan?"

"Well i am going to drop you off on Friday and will pick you again in just 15 minutes. So you'll have just 15 minutes to dress up."

"15 minutes?! How in the world will i get ready in 15 minutes?"

"Figure out yourslef. I am late for my maths class. See you soon." He winked and left me there with my mouth wide open. Why did I say yes to this jerk?

•••

"Is it formal or casual?"

"Casual."

"Should i wear jeans amd hoodies or a cute top with jeans?"

"Whatever you like." He replied while planning for the essay the teacher told us to write.

"Should I-"

"One more question about our date and I am gonna go and sit beside Bianca." I widened my eyes and looked over at Bianca to find her glaring at me. I looked back at Aiden who was smirking.

"You wouldn't!"

"Try me. Good luck for the essay." I glared at him but stopped asking him questions and concentrated on my essay."
•••

"I couldn't complete my essay!" I whined.

"Well i didn't ask you to spend your time talking to me." He smirked.

"Why are you such a jerk!"

"This is how I am sweetheart. You gotta accept me as who I am." He winked. I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh come on chill! She is not grading it. Plus you just didn't got to end it. You wrote the rest of the essay." He said, putting an arm on my shoulders.

"Yea whatever." My cellphone tinged, indicated I had a message. I opened it to find it was Matt.

When do you get off after school? Want to catchup.

I grinned and texted him my time.

"Can I come too?" Aiden asked.

"Nope!" I replied.

"Why?" He whined.

"Gotta go. Maths. See you at lunch." I grinned at him. He kissed my forehead and we parted ways.

•••

"For how long are you guys gonna stay mad?" I asked Dave. Silence was the reply. "Seriously?" I sighed. "Come on. Matt is fine."

"He texted you?" He finally asked.

"Yes."

"He said he won't! That ditcher."

"Come on you can't ignore us forever!"

"Really? Try me."

"I have homemade cookies."

"Where?" He immediately turned towards me.

"I baked last night."

"You've brought cookies?" He asked excitedly.

"Yup!"

"Great! Won't you give your friend one?"

"I thought you weren't talking to me?" I smirked.

"I was just kidding."

"Sure!" I laughed.

"So about cookies?"

"Have some patience Dave!"

"Lunch break is not until two more classes!"

"Dave! Diana! Mind sharing what are you guys talking about?!" The teacher's voice brought us back to reality; the class.

"Sorry." I replied. I heard Dave sigh before we started writing down what the teacher was explaining.

•••

"I brought cookies!" I said as soon as I sat down beside Kelly.

"You can't bribe us!" Joe rolled his eyes.

"These are delicious!" Dave commented.

"Dave!"

"What?!"

"I thought we had a plan!"

"What plan?"

"Great!" Joe replied sarcastically before picking up a cookie and taking a huge bite. I grinned.

"I knew you guys couldn't stay angry."

"Yea whatever!"

•••

"So, when is this date?"

"Friday."

"He has been annoying the hell out of me and mom since the day you've said yes!" He exasperated. "Mom, where would you like to go if you were asked on a date? What is your ideal date? Matt where should i take her? I cant understand any Pinterest ideas!" He mimicked Aiden making me laugh. "He literally downloaded pinterest and made an account on it just to get some ideas."

"I don't even know what to say." I laughed.

"You've got him whipped. I am thinking of booking a hotel room for mom and I until Friday."

"Oh come on! Stop exaggerating."

"Okay maybe I am exaggerating but honestly he has been freaking out 24/7." I laughed. Matt stoped right outside a small coffee shop.

"Apparently they have the best cookies. This small shop is owned by an old couple. Mom introduced me to this coffee shop."

"Nice." I replied as i got out of the car. The door jingled as we walked in. An old woman appeared on the counter and broadly smiled at us.

"Hey Mrs Mcnight." Dave warmly greeted her.

"Dave so goo to see you. Who is this pretty girl?" Mrs Mcnight asked.

"She is a really great friend of mine and Aiden's date for Friday. They both are in love but wouldn't admit it." I shake my head making the couple laugh. I then noticed an old man sitting in the corner behind the counter.

"I am Diana."

"Lovely to meet you Diana." They served us with Some coffee and their chocolate chip cookies and let me tell you, they were heaven. I even asked them to pack me some for Mom, Ryan and Mr Hart.

After spending an hour or two in the coffee shop, we left and roamed around in the same area. We hang around for a couple of more hours until Matt drops me off at my house.

I unlock the door with the spare house key I always keep in my bag, just to find the house completely dark. Suddenly a light shines on my face and a voice speaks up, "I have been expecting you."

"