Chapter 23

After school we drove to Starbucks in Aiden's mum's car.

"So, what is it?" I asked him.

"First we'll buy coffee, go back to car and then drive to somewhere, my mum said. And then we'll find out what it is.."

"Wait so even you dont know?" I asked. He shook his head.

"My mum asked me to come there, telling me there is a surprise for me. So I told her that after I drop you, I'll come. And she told me that I should bring you as well if I want to. So I did..."

"Oh.. Do you have any guesses?"

"Nah. Maybe a new cellphone? Or Laptop? But I got a new laptop just last year, and cellphone a few months ago on my birthday . So, i really have no idea. Maybe One Direction tickets." He smirked.

"Shut up! Although they'll be touring America this year. I am saving up for that."

"They wont be coming to Denver.." He stated.

"But they'll be coming to NewYork."

"Right!" We took our coffee and walked out.
He drove to somewhere I didn't know existed, till now. Dont judge, I just shifted here.

We saw his mom there. She ran towards us as soon as the car stopped. There was a new car standing there. Aiden was shocked would be an understatement.

"Mom?" Emma smiled at him and hugged him. Then she handed him the car keys.

"Congratulations on the new car!" Emma laughed. Aiden's mouth dropped open.

"Wow!" Was the only thing I could say.
As soon as he stopped examining the car, he hugged his mom, saying thank you again and again. I smiled.

"Now, you two should go. Aiden give me my car keys. I have an important meeting in the school."

"Oh Emma, do you know if mom would be there as well.." I asked her.

"Yes, its important for everyone to take it."

"Oh okay." I smiled at her.

As we got in the car my cell started ringing. I picked it up.

"Diana?" My mom's voice came.

"Mom? Hey."

"Hey Diana. Listen I'll be late, i have a meeting."

"Yea thats okay. Emma told me."

"Oh yes. She told me you might come with Aiden."

"Yea.."

"Okay well see you in the evening."

"Okay bye." I hung up.

Congratulations Aiden. I need a treat now!" I grinned at him.

"Sure sure. I wasnt expecting this to be honest." He smiled. "So, McDonald's?"

"You are so addicted to McDonald's!" I teased him.

"Dont tell me you arent!" He winked. "So McDonald's is it?"

"Sure. Lets just go to my house and order it. We can do our homework. I have got loads and have to submit all of it tomorrow."

"Nice idea." And he took the route for my house.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Sure.."

"Do you know where did your father go with your two brothers?" I asked.

"From where you came.." He chuckled.

"Wait what? To Boulder?"

"Yup." He parked his car. "We are here."

"Hey I thought we were going to my house."

"Yea but I wanted to show you something as soon as you asked me the question."

"Oh."

We walked in the house and upstairs to his room. I then realized that I have never really been into his room. As we entered, he pointed towards a shelf, which was covered in photos. I went there to find pictures of him with his younger brother, Freddie. I smiled. He is soo cute. The next picture was of him and... no way!

"Who is this Aiden? I mean how do you know this person?" I asked.

"He is my elder brother. You know, Matt." He replied. "Why? You know him?"

"Yes." I whispered.

"How?" Aiden came towards me. "How do you know him? Was he in your school? Was he one of the bully?" He whispered the last part.

"Kind of." I sighed. "He was the new guy in the school and you know how it is difficult for a new kid to make friends, but with him so good in basketball and football both and with his good looks, he became famous in our senior batch. The group he joined was the one who used to bully me the most. In starting he used to only stare at me with pity eyes, and for his friends' sake, he would laugh at me. Then one day, for the first time they beat me up and left, he took me to the hospital wing. He appologized but I didn't say anything. After that he kinda protected me whenever he could. When my dad died last year, he was the one to come to my house, hold me and protected me from all the taunts. I think I finally made a friend at the end. He used to be with me everywhere although his ex friends used to make fun of him. When I told him I was moving to Denver he smiled, saying he had many good memories there. He might have meant you and your mum." I told him, tears brimming in my eyes. "He didnt bully me, not really."

"Wow! Why didnt you ever tell me?"

"I didn't know he was your brother Aiden. And niether did he ever talked about you, as we weren't really close. When we got close I left. I just knew, his parents were divored and that his one brother lived with his mom."

"Oh." Aiden looked really sad. So I offered him something.

"I have his number. Why dont you call him?"

"Why should I? He never called me!" He said, anger clear in his voice and eyes.

"That's ego coming your way. Maybe he thinks the same."

"I dont care Diana what he thinks. I am sorry if its hurting you beacuse he was your friend and you have a crush on him, but I hate that guy!"

"I dont have a crush on him! And he is your brother! Even if you say that you hate him.. deep down we both know you love him and miss him."

"Diana! Its a conversation that is simply wasting our time. Lets not talk about this right now. I am in a very good mood. Lets just order McDonald's. Do our homework. And chill. Please!"

"Fine!" I huffed. He smiled and fished out his phone to order.

LONG CHAPTER. YOU GUYS SHOULD BE HAPPY!! haha..
Anyways... I'd love it if you guys will vote and comment :)
IG>> Nawaal_nasir99
Bestfriends.read
Love you guys..
Bye
Nawaal ♡