Chapter 30:

Hey Diana,
Dad came home early, like yesterday and he brought a woman with him, and says that he has married her. That woman is really violent. She dragged Freddie upstairs by his ears in front of Dad and he didn't said any thing. I wasn't home. Since the morning she is been verbally abusing Freddie. I already packed mine and Freddie's stuff so I am leaving right now. Reply as soon as you see this. I am in the car. - M

I widened my eyes. I looked at the time and saw that it was nearly one and a half an hour since he texted me. I went outside and immediately called him.

"Diana?"

"Matt? Where are you?"

"I am nearly there. I didn't stop anywhere in between so should be at your house in an hour."

"Matt I am not home!"

"Till when you'll be back? Don't you have the winter dance tonight?"

"We all decided to not go to the winter dance and instead we went to Dave's beach house. Plus we all went in one car so I dont have my car. We wouldn't be back till tomorrow evening."

"Oh. So Aiden is with you guys?"

"Yes. So you should go to your house directly!"

"Well okay. This is awesome. I'll talk to mum. Do me a favour and tell Aiden everything please."

"Okay I'll tell Aiden."

"Tell me what?" I turned around to see Aiden glaring at my phone.

"Text me when you reach." I said and hung up. "Listen to me..."

"Why is that jerk coming back?"

"I need to tell you something." He looked at me blankly. So then I tell him everything about his Dad and Freddie and how excited Freddie was to meet him and his mother. He smiled a bit on the last part.

"We should go right now!" Aiden firmly replied.

"No. Its almost night plus we don't have a car."

"We'll come back tomorrow."

"Look we'll leave in yhe morning."

"No! You dont want to come, fine dont! He doesn't wants me there and you are helping him by not letting me go!"

"Its not that Aiden!"

"Then how it is!" He took a step forward. "I know you were friends with him before but I thought we were friends as well!"

"Aiden we are! You are taking it all wrong. Stop acting like a child!"

"I am acting like a child?! Can't you see it from my point of view?! I want to go!"

"We'll leave in the morning!"

"No! Dont come with me but I am leaving right now! Sorry I thought of you as a friend!"

"Aid...."

"Diana just shut up! Get lost please!" Tears brimmed in my eyes. He looked up, his eyes cold.

"Right, I am sorry. Go! I wont stop you! Who am I to stop you anyways!" I turned around and walked away, with tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"No.. Diana listen to me!"

"No you're right, who am I to stop you!" I was about to walk in when he grabbed my arm and turned me around. His cold eyes were now soft, guilt evident in them.

"I am sorry. I didnt mean it! I just want to see Freddie. Please come with me. We'll come back here tomorrow. I am sure they won't mind. I am sorry!" I nodded.