3.

September 3, 2018

Sneak.

It's been three days exactly since my cousin, Mel, has been gone away from us here in New Orleans. If you knew Mel as well as I did you wouldn't think he would be gone from the Nola so soon, he loved this city to death. The funeral is going on right now ya' heard me and shit ain't buttery good either. I mean, shit...what funeral is ya' heard me?

Everybody outchea' hurting and shit. Yeah, ya' boy fucked up too! Lean in my system right na' ya' dig, but i'm straight cause my homie' gone be good. I promise you he is.

  I got my la' round next to me, my old lady ya' heard me her name Boog and shit. That's my la' dip seriously though, she been down for ya' boy on many occasions. But, shit, everybody off in this bih' been crying since the news even got around about my nigga Mel. It wasn't no sight to see outchea' everyone mama hollering why God and shit, especially mama Sheila. She was really gone in the dumps about this shit. Mama Sheila reacting like that only made Yung and whoever else heart shatter even more if that's possible. Shouldn't nobody mama have to go through the suffering of hearing that they're child was gunned down---dramatic as fuck at that. I don't care what life ya' living outchea in these streets ya dig' that ain't easy to go through. Yeah all this going on, but I'm focusing on something else that need to get done now in my opinion. I ain't gone say too much ya' heard me, but these guns gone shake and bodies gon' rumble. Saying Mel was shot six times to my auntie? Yeah, let's see how that la' nigga who killed my cousin family gone feel.

Yung still ain't got to the funeral and it started like 30 minutes ago because they couldn't wait up any longer for nobody--not even him. I tried texting and calling his line but knowing him he ain't gone reply back to shit rather he seeing it or not. I hate to see my family like this man, mainly my dawg' Aug. Just for the simple fact that outside of everybody else that I fuck with heavy, Yung is who I'm the most closest to out of our intermediate family besides my twin and lady. Aug ain't been the same and everybody know how much Mel meant to him and everybody else that's rightchea' at this funeral. We decided to have a closed casket for the main service during the funeral because mama Sheila didn't want really anyone to see her son in that condition. She gave the opportunity to those who are really close to Mel, like family, we were allowed to see him after funeral hours before he gets buried.

August.

I was sitting on the couch drinking away on a bottle of Henny and whatever else I can get my hands on, shit I was already faded. I'm aware that my brother funeral is happening right now ya' heard me but I just can't pull myself together to go at the moment. Fuck! Do I look like I want to see my fucking brother in a casket at twenty-four, Huh? Would you wanna see somebody you hold dear to ya' heart in a casket, cold, and dead? Answer that fa' me love. Exactly.

I stumbled to stand up but I did eventually. I made my way down the hall to the bathroom to take a lengthy, long-lasting piss. I pee'd everywhere else other than the actual toilet. But, fuck it though ya' heard me! This my mothafucking house! I went back to my front room and took my still warm seat and gulped down the rest of the bottle of Henny that remained. Letting the little sting sensation that was hardly there anymore due to me taking shots back to back already... take over through my throat.  I picked up my phone and seen hella' la' calls from Sneak, Teke, mama, Chacha, and Trav, but I wasn't responding to shit. I'm doing me rightchea', I'm chillin'. I went to my contacts and went down to miss' lady Moni number and pressed the call button on it quickly. It got to ringing repeatedly and I'm wondering if she even gone pick up. I told her to pick up when I call though, she betta' answer.

"Hello?" I heard her lightweight, pillow-soft voice speak through the phone.

"Yeaaaaaaaah! Whannn! It's yun-g, gi-rll pu-ll, pull up onna' nigga." I shouted into the phone following after a hiccup.